Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

I have workshop envy....
    I have tool envy....

making me think, though, about our current hideous shell covered [previous occupants taste not ours] outhouse/shed. It's small and built for midgets - you have to stoop or bang your head on the ceiling all the time.

It's built onto the back of the house and currently houses a load of furniture waiting for restoration and junk....I can see it as a mini workshop now though!
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram

Ha - me too, soooo envious of all the goodies and organisation.

Here is where I work as promised, *hangs head in shame* its in kind of messy in between projects stage - might take another later for comparison... might be messier, might be tidier - who knows! Still haven't decided what to work on today...

Wink We've got the same desk Evie

How about that, eh. In its other life, my work desk was used for potting up our plants on it in the shed! The top has warped (its not used to being in the warm!), and is now in 3 pieces. So I've clamped a piece of mdf on top of the pieces, to stop losing any more beads into the holes.. ha ha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0996-1.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	26

Behind is the other mini desk with more beads in the drawers and on top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0997.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	27

This is tidy for me. I can't tell you how long I've spent trying to put my piccie on here and I've finally done it - yipee.

Jx

Well Nic - the blue and white window is an old blue metal notice board and the white bits are plaster moulds I made for projects at college....(double duty as storage and insulation!!) they stop me from accidently cracking the window with stray heat from the torch!! The other one has 2 kiddie sun screens...the sort that you could put over car windows a few years ago....they roll up, so yes - they do help me to see where the flame ends and what colours everything is going!! But I can also roll them up to get an eyefull of my beautiful lillies!!
    Barbara

Lol at Nic and Barbara, I don't like the cold! I didn't know the cold affects gas, can't you get a little eco friendly electric heater? Or is that another hazard to add to the list of dangers involved with jewellery making? I need to get out of my carpeted guest room, I've only dropped one item before quenching and that left a nice little melted patch (I'm going to have to get creative to get my deposit back)

Barbara - whats the fridge for?

Duh! FOOD Charlotte!!!! As if it isn't small enough already I have to share it with a HUGE freezer that once served a family of 6 and anything garden related...that includes the spiders...and a mouse... that saw fit to die on my work surface last week...YUK!!
    Barbara

Exclamation EEEK - it's a mouse!!

I knew I would have an occasion to use this picture!! I photograph all sorts of stuff...for inspiration purposes of course!!

My uninvited guest!!
    Barbara

Is that a small pair of pliers above its head? If so that is one TINY mouse!

Actually - i looked at it again - they are BIG pliers are they not....?

Talking

Lol, thats so funny (not the death of the mouse, I love mice!) but the thought of you turning up to start work and finding that.. and taking a photo!

You guys are all so organised. I just have a cluttered desk that I occasionally clear i.e. throw all the clutter on the floor so I can use the desk to make stuff. I'm thinking about cutting a semi-circle into....out of? the edge, but knowing me I'll probably just break the whole thing