Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

As a newbie i've been reading through all this thread and oh my god you guys have some fab set up's! I don't even have a set up like those for my cards which I've been making longer and just work out of boxes on a laptray. HOWEVER after seeing all your fab areas I've decided that from tomorrow i'm going to steal some of the kitchen breakfast bar which currently hold all the crap achmmm sorry I mean school paperwork and homework in the processes of completion and stacks of printing paper, and drawings brought home from school, poems etc being laminated well you get the idea. My kids have taken to saying mum why do we have to tidy our rooms when yours is messy but mine is full of a ton of their stuff plus the contents of my Nan's flat from her recent move into a home. So I have been inspired to reclaim some of our incredible shrinking house for me and my "stuff". I shall blame the forum when everyone moans! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    wow it might only be a corner but its very organised!
    Well there's a story as to why it looks so tidy.....You see the black shelves on the left hand side of the 1st photo, well, I'd been told off for "spreading" so i thought i'd have a look to see what we'd got in the loft, found the shelves....got them jammed in the loft hole, took some shoving back up , took them half apart so they'd just fit, then balanced on very vertical ladders and stair bannister and well, just as I took the full weight above my head I fell off, quickly followed by the shelves which landed on my thigh

Had to be done whilst my darling hubby was out and he couldn't contain my spreading!! Very pleased with my reorganisation, shame it won't stay tidy very long....

Tabby

ha! I love the diet coke in the corner Tabby - they allways seem to get in on my pictures too!

Tabby, I can't believe you have all those hammers when you're clearly a piercing maniac!!

ooo you mentioned the loft, i wonder if i could get away with that as i'm shorter than the old man therefore wont have to stoop quite so much hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Well there's a story as to why it looks so tidy.....You see the black shelves on the left hand side of the 1st photo, well, I'd been told off for "spreading" so i thought i'd have a look to see what we'd got in the loft, found the shelves....got them jammed in the loft hole, took some shoving back up , took them half apart so they'd just fit, then balanced on very vertical ladders and stair bannister and well, just as I took the full weight above my head I fell off, quickly followed by the shelves which landed on my thigh

Had to be done whilst my darling hubby was out and he couldn't contain my spreading!! Very pleased with my reorganisation, shame it won't stay tidy very long....

Tabby
    LMAO well you did darn well gal Hope your thighs ok now
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...3306021&ref=mf

Heres my new workspace... in progress! Recently got a bench, which is an upgrade from mums kitchen table!! So im sharing the spare room now, along with my pet ferret. Im sure he wont mind too much.

Its only tidy because I have hardly used it yet - it definitely wont stay looking this neat!

Great workshops / benches / corners here! Its very interesting seeing other peoples spaces!

Default Here is my workshop

My workshop is a bit messy, but it has seen a lot of action over the years.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41- Jims workbench.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	2276

so many tools ,hehe ,It so true ,I think u must be Capable!

Heighington, a village just out of Lincoln

I have been trying to add photos, but can not seem to manage it, hmmm
    This may have worked, if it does then the first is my precious metal bench , the second is my polishing area , the third is my wax carving/ sculpting/ dumping ground and the last two are storage areas one using Ikea wine racks with really useful boxes and the other kids storage boxes also from Ikea. This room was bagged by me when we did the extension, it was to be the garage but ended up as a workshop complete with underfloor heating, just need to move thw outside shed and then I will be able to get rid of the DIY tools that are everywhere along with the wood, paint etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy of DSCF1499.jpg   Copy of DSCF1497.jpg   Copy of DSCF1498.jpg   Copy of DSCF1500.jpg   Copy of DSCF1501.jpg  

Last edited by bruggen; 15-02-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Add photos