Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

Smile

this is great everyone is really getting into this. nic your right it forced me into tidying up mode well see about the creative bit to-morrow I do hope more photes are coming cheers to you all this is fun but when do i work it seems you all have computer in your work space might have to sort that. I love distractions. cheers myke

You have all been busy posting today! I've been away at Art in Action - lots of lovely jewellery there!

I'd love to join in and post a photo - trouble is, I kind of do everything at my table - eat breakfast, check this forum , sort the finances, both mine and my fiances bookkeeping, erm and make my jewellery. It alls gets a bit muddled and untidy!

I kind of have to tidy paperwork away to do jewellery and vice versa. When I'm in full jewellery making mode i will put a picture up - hopefully tomorrow as i have some materials arriving!

I use one of those clamp on bench pegs that i can take off when I'm not using it.

Anyway, i'll try get Ben to take a pic of me making something tomorrow.

Default My workshop as seen on a tidy day!

My workshop is in the shed at the bottom of the garden, and it's NEVER this tidy!! Got a few recent purchases not in these pics, and am hoping to get my hands on a durston rolling mill to replace my jazzy old faithful! I've recently acquired a vintage watchmakers bench with hundreds of lovely little wooden drawers and a nice big dust cover, but that's a project for the summer because I'll have to pull this one out and put it on the other wall of the shed. Also got three more drawer units with loads of thin drawers - they're extremely handy for storing tools, which I have a rediculous amount of because my dad is a watchmaker and likes to give me things!! Great because I never really need to buy tools, but a nightmare when it comes to storing them in such a small space!

A few more close-ups. Can you see the scrawl next to the bench peg saying 'Keep Clear' followed by an expletive to myself - that's because I am probably the most untidy person you could ever meet and at the end of the day this area is piled high with tools.

Default ...This is what I call "Home"!...

A beautiful corner of my micro garden...The 5x7 shed ...ahem 'Studio' takes up about a quarter of it!

Inside is not so pretty - yes, that strip of wood IS my work area!!

My tiny pmc and beading area - not good for claustraphobics...I keep a mirror on the shelf to allow me to see what...and who!!! is behind me!!!

Not always this tidy when I am in the swing of things!!

Barbara

Thumbs up

Wow, you all have your own sheds and stuff with electricity! They look so cool!

Talking Cool...did you say cool??

Cool!! Charlotte - did you say COOL!!! Mine gets down to 3 degrees in the winter and you can barely spoon the gas out of the torch! Tough days! I tend to do more pmc and beading in the winter...surprise, surprise!!

LOOK AT ALL THAT STUFF you both have!!!

Wendy I LOVE that little thin drawer unit you have! What is that behind the soldering/firing tripod - it looks like a long thin rolling mill??

Barbara - everything looks so well stored. My perfect idea of a garden too; Crocosmia, an Acer (?) and those beautiful lilles! And small you say, even better!

much more organized than my shed. looks great. i now have laptop down in my shed so even more distraction. all the best myke

Wendy - I now have "tool envy" do you know what it does to show a tool-aholic a well stocked shed like that!!! I will console myself with my less stocked, less organised utility room (sssh little room one day all that will be yours and I'll have little storage drawers too!!)
    That tiny little anvil....does it come with shoemaking elves? :p

Barbara - That gardens gorgeous what a fab place to work in. I take it the envelopes at the windows are to block the light for soldering? I have bits of paper blue tacked to mine
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver