Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

Thanks Dennis, well in that case I will just buy one and get it sent to my parents who are coming over to visit in May, they can do the donkey work of bringing that and my rolling mill (poor things) ha, still they will be pleased to be able to help out.

Thank you all - plenty of food for thought there!

Unfortunately Kwant my neighbours are very close (terraced house) The noise doesn't actually bother me, but I am sure it must be bothering them, and I want to reduce it before it becomes an "official" problem.

Dennis - that was my concern about using a sandbag with a steel block sitting in it. I would have thought that the corners of the block would split the leather - certainly over time anyway?

I did my calculations for a DIY section of floating floor, and it came out at about £50. So I am wondering if Joe's idea of rubber blocks would be better. I am thinking one under each leg of the table between the floor - as an extra barrier / noise stop. I already have one on the top underneath my benchblock. Any one have any opinion on why this wouldn't work before I take advantage of cookies freepost?

I searched for urethane sheet, but couldn't find a price for a big enough piece to use under the table as a deadening option apart from the states. I may look into this further.

I'm also off to Ikea today to check out a potential hammering station I've seen. As I said I already have a selection of tables I use for sawing, my drill etc - so I just need something solid enough for hammering on without it cracking. I'll post a picture when I'm done of my mis-matched space!
    Emma

I sit my dapping block on some scrap vinyl floor covering, it does help deaden the noise.

These guys sell urethane rod which could be sliced into thick discs to sit between floor and bench... I'm sure it would help reduce transmission, but you need to stop the steel block ringing out really. This stuff is used for hi-fi applications and might help...

Another source might be from those selling stable matting - the traditional solid rubber stuff rather than the new ultra-light foamed ones. They frequently give away samples - too small to do a stable, but big enough for a bench foot. There's some sort of equestrian show in Wiltshire that's on over Easter I've heard something about (!) - there'll be a few suppliers there.

Fallabella need very tiny stables

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I knew I would have an occasion to use this picture!! I photograph all sorts of stuff...for inspiration purposes of course!!

My uninvited guest!!
    Barbara
    So here she is. My mouse is not so hairy:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mouse.jpg  

Default Workspace

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010921.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	2903
    I couldn't upload the pic of the space when it was lovely and tidy (I really do have one but it wouldn't upload, honest!)- this is some lovely ladies on one of my courses, the table has a cutting station on each side

Default My workspace

Have already posted this somewhere else on the forum inadvertantly (apologies to that thread!)

I couldn't upload the pic of my studio when it was lovely and tidy (there is a pic honest!) but here are some lovely ladies on one of my courses. The table has cutting stations on each side

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010921.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	2904

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchenjeweller View Post
    So here she is. My mouse is not so hairy:
    I love these cute mice earrings! Soo so sweet x
    For your FREE box of graze.com enter code: QM3PPXTN (I don't work for them. Just received my yummy box).

Facebook Page - Please 'like' me
    Etsy Shop - KDL Jewellery