Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: photos of workshops

I know exactly how i want my work room layed out. the room is 12'6" square. A large 10 window east facing and a small 18" window south facing, door on the north wall and built in wardrobe on the west wall.
    I am a devil for lots of little storage things, but when i do eventually get into kurts room i will house all my blank Candles (stacked on the floor first of all until i can convince pete to put some sturdy shelves in,) in the built in wardrobe and then on the top shelf i will have the embossing powders box plus the stamp pad box and stamp boxes. On the north wall he has two corner display units which will house my rapidly expanding book collection, one is currently in another corner but i will move it to behind the door, then there is a 5 draw chest of drawers which will house all the stuff for the sweetie bouquets and on top willl be a box for the silk flowers, and then there is a "tall boy" which i will stack all my boxes of card and paper for cardmaking, and on the top shelf all the peel offs and embellishments etc. The three drawers below will take the over flow of all the paper flowers, dies for the diecut machine, eyelet punch and all the indivdual punches. Plus a drawer for the tiara stuff.

On the opposite side of the room (the Workin wall as i call it and the east wall) i will move the glass corner desk in from the guest room where i normally make the cards and candles and store all my stuff - mainly all over the double bed lol, and on that is the computer, printer and the tools for my other crafts. I have a two draw filing cabiniet which sits next to it with the photo printer on it, and that is L-shaped so it will go half under the window facing south(the bit i sit at) and the computer table will take up 5' of the "Working" wall Then the rest of that wall will be devoted to my jewellery. I dont like the little jewellery tables i would rather have a long bench or table, i like space to move lol - i will have room for a 5' 4" length of whatever and it can go round the corner to the built in ward robe maybe. or i will have a freestanding storage unit of some description there.

It will be so nice to have a soldering area, assembling area and a place to put the tumber etc when i get it.

So there you have it. hope you can kinda work it out lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I stick my vice on the edge of my daughters desk because it has a metal rim. It's one of those old fashioned school desks.

And I did some soldering in the kitchen recently, dropped the hot piece on the floor and I now have a lovely mark on my lino floor to remind me of my clumsiness!

But I have bought a cheap bench on ebay, and I'm waiting for the builder to clear his stuff from my garage so I can set it up. I wish he would just HURRY UP

yeah so frustrating when you are waiting for others to shift themselves lol. I know that my 5 foot bench will be instantly full what with slowcooker tumber vice, tools lamp etc etc and i shall be whining that there isnt enough room. but once its set up i want to see if there is enough room in the middle for a very small table perhaps to move the soldering and pickling bits onto, but we shall have to see, i need to get in thereeeeeeeeeee.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

SO I finally tidied up my workshop/studio/home office/computer/mezzanine room thingy. It gets a bit hot, and I keep banging my head because the ceiling is so low, other than that it's a great space, especially for a flat! Doubles up as somewhere for friends to stay, note the bed cunningly disguised as a sofa and I can take down the table with my photography stuff on and pull the curtains across to hide the usually much-more-messy workspace!

I think I shall miss it when I move, although I will get a bigger room to play in and will be getting a proper bench as a birthday present from my chap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3306.jpg   DSCF3307.jpg   DSCF3308.jpg   DSCF3309.jpg   DSCF3310.jpg  

That's fab. Not small and very tidy indeed. Where did you get those metal drawer units?

I'd been looking for drawers like that for ages, and could only find them in office supply shops for £75 +, then came across these in IKEA for £20 each! They're fab, I store so much in them and they're on wheels too which I find really handy!
    Last edited by agent_44; 21-08-2009 at 08:43 PM.

omg thats a wonderful space how lovely!
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    SO I finally tidied up my workshop/studio/home office/computer/mezzanine room thingy. It gets a bit hot, and I keep banging my head because the ceiling is so low, other than that it's a great space, especially for a flat! Doubles up as somewhere for friends to stay, note the bed cunningly disguised as a sofa and I can take down the table with my photography stuff on and pull the curtains across to hide the usually much-more-messy workspace!

I think I shall miss it when I move, although I will get a bigger room to play in and will be getting a proper bench as a birthday present from my chap!
    what lovely space to work in

That is a brilliant space - you will miss it!
    Di x

WOW - Agent 44 thats is one excellently laid out workspace!!
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver