Thread: Headdress

Default Headdress

No real reason for making this, other than just to have a go at electroforming something bigger than rings/pendants - and because I have no inspiration/inclination to smith anything in silver at the moment.

I created the base from lightly hammered copper wire, formed some copper over it, then eformed the ivy leaves (from my garden) separately before gluing them to the headdress. Bit more eforming, then added the labradorite and some little fused glass cabochons I made in a microwave kiln. Eformed the whole thing then eformed the quartz drops and the air drying clay ammonites.
    Once they were all done I used copper jump rings to add them and some chain.

I can't get decent photos of this but it's quite pretty. If I do another I'll give more thought to the colours of the stones/glass I use to make it more cohesive but I'm quite pleased with this - not sure what I'll do with it but I dare say my daughter might find a use for it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191101_212444094.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	12188

Name:	IMG_20191103_111822083_BURST000_COVER_TOP-01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	12189

My phone wouldn't allow me to add a couple more photos so here you go...

Name:	IMG_20191101_214719756-01.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	12190 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191101_214652697-01.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	12191

Cor, you've gone wild on us, Deb. You could wear it for a medieval banquet, but not necessarily a job interview. Dennis

Find one of those re-enactor forums...?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Gorgeous, sometimes you just have to......good for the soul. Are the leaves bendy or stiff after EP? Great idea to use natural elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Cor, you've gone wild on us, Deb. You could wear it for a medieval banquet, but not necessarily a job interview. Dennis
    Depends on the job I guess, if it were for an elf queen position I might do okay?

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Find one of those re-enactor forums...?
    That's an idea - although to be honest it was just an experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Gorgeous, sometimes you just have to......good for the soul. Are the leaves bendy or stiff after EP? Great idea to use natural elements.
    The leaves are stiff, it was in the forming tank for about 50 hours so that it has a strong plating. And yes, it was nice to make something different just for the joy of doing it.

In consultation with the Elf Council, I am authorised to offer you the post of Elf Queen. Before you ask the pay will be sixty thousand (60,000) prime ivy leaves per Elf year. Dennis.

Sounds perfect, I accept!!��