Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Missed Opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post

I just thought that Cooksons might be missing an opportunity to be a central point for getting some of the information that people are after - particularly since they are the sole distributor.
    And especially since it was first "discovered/invented" at Middlesex University!!

Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineflee View Post
    And especially since it was first "discovered/invented" at Middlesex University!!

Lorraine
    It is a bit tragic isn't it... Why is it we get stuff last?? I think they even had it in Australia before us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Cooksons now have extra easy, easy and medium Argentium solders in stock... I have just bought some of all three because I have no idea which one would be best to work with. I have bought some 1mm wire - which I hope I will be able to draw down to thinner wires so that I can find out how much stronger 'much stronger' is in the finer gauges. I have bought 10 of each size bead - even though I have no idea what size holes they have. I have bought small pieces of .3 and .5 sheet to play around with bezels - and as it is 'much stronger' I don't know how much thinner I have to go to get the same effect as a heavier gauge of sterling. And some other bits and bobs. And every item has exactly the same product details...the advertising blurb about Argentium as a product...nothing at all about the specific product it is next to on the page.

Knowledge is abundant on the internet...and there is a fair bit of detailed information from America on Argentium. I know because I have been waiting for Argentium to come to this country since the beginning of the year and I have been trying to learn about it. There are countless thousands of people around the world with knowledge of working with sterling silver. Try to find more than a handful of people in the UK that have a working knowledge of Argentium who are willing to explain the ins and outs to you.

I just thought that Cooksons might be missing an opportunity to be a central point for getting some of the information that people are after - particularly since they are the sole distributor.
    B, have you looked at the knowledgebase stuff on Argentium. There's a direct link on every page of the Cooksons website, and also right here on the forum. I found a lot of very useful information there. I don't think it's necessarily practical to put all that information on every product listing, especially as those listings have to be absolutely current.

I may be wrong, but I believe there were a number of legal reasons why Argentium hasn't been on sale here in the UK until now.

Guess what! I had notification to say that Cooksons have sent my piece of Argentium. Only took 7 weeks!