Thread: London sponsors mark assistance please

Default London sponsors mark assistance please

Dear All

I am looking to try and trace the pictured london sponsors mark - The sponsor made some watch cases in the year shown (1999) and someone has damaged the case so i wish to approach them to see if they can make a new case / repair the old one.

Any help most appreciated as GDPR is stopping the officials give me the makers details

The watch is a Geneve swiss watch, the mark appears to be ELU from london

thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELU soonsors mark.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	12180

It's a bone of contention amongst a number that the Assay Offices are taking this approach with GDPR - if you're lucky, someone might recognise it.

Personally, I feel GDPR is a piece of poorly thought out legislation that is being interpreted in ways that were never intended. But that's close to politics...

thank you - yes i totally agree in this instance, everyone is so scared of GDPR that it hinders advanced working practices

Having said that Edinburgh once told someone I’d made their piece of jewellery and I’d never seen it in my life. It looked quite a bit before my time in style!
    Don’t talk to me about GDPR a woman went ballistic at me at the OS a couple of years ago. In the case of the assay office, what is now the point of registering a mark which used to not only be a record for them but also to be recognised by others as the maker, seems a bit pointless now. Surely they could ask the maker if it’s ok and get round it that way.

You could ask the assay office if they have an email on record for the maker and if so would they send a brief email asking the maker to get in touch with you or would they forward one from you with the whole situation?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk