Apparently one of the big luxury jewellery manufacturers has developed ultrasonic immersion burnishing technology, which they're now using on all their production pieces instead of traditional polishing. Apparently the technology cost millions to develop and they plan to make traditional polishers redundant. The burnishing apparently results in a smooth surface whilst reducing metal weight-loss and preserving sharp edges on complex shapes. Because the entire piece is immersed, all surfaces (internal and external, including usually hard-to-reach areas) are polished simultaneously. I've been Googling it but I can't find any further details. Does anyone else know anything? Apparently the immersion liquid (which I gather is a slurry) is the critical component. I don't suppose if anyone knows whether it's commercially available? Whenever I Google the topic I just get results for an ultrasonic handpiece (which seems a bit like a souped-up Foredom), but the technology was described to me as being more like an ultrasonic bath.