Thread: Besides eBay, is there a good supplier of wire in all gauges and shapes?

Cool Besides eBay, is there a good supplier of wire in all gauges and shapes?

I have been trying to find square copper in 18, 20, and 16, gauge size and copper half round 22 and 20 gauge. I have been to Amazon, Etsy and eBay yet can't seem to find what I'm looking for at a decent price plus the length I need. Being a beginner I need as much of these wires as I can get to practice on

Are these not US guages unless you want very thick wire? Go to Cookson and look at the sizes of wire you need in precious metal sizes so you can relate them to your search. That may be why you can’t find what you’re looking for
    Last edited by CJ57; 10-10-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJWEmerald View Post
    I have been trying to find square copper in 18, 20, and 16, gauge size and copper half round 22 and 20 gauge. I have been to Amazon, Etsy and eBay yet can't seem to find what I'm looking for at a decent price plus the length I need. Being a beginner I need as much of these wires as I can get to practice on
    The simplest answer to your problem is to build a simple drawbench and get some drawplates.
    The starting point is a work surface, a vice, and a small boat winch with some non stretch rope.
    This will stand you in good stead for silver in the future too. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drawbench.jpg  

Yes they are US sizes. I have found a small Eurotool wire tool to measure and see the size conversions.

Thanks CJ57

As you are in America i would try sites like Rio Grande.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    As you are in America i would try sites like Rio Grande.
    Ah well there’s a point Sheena, I must admit I didn’t notice! I don’t understand why it’s not possible to find them on any of the already mentioned US sites in that case though or to do a search for copper from US companies

Edward's Metals sell round copper wire in the gauges you are after, wire is sold by the kg and the prices are very good.They sell mainly to educational establishments but you can order over the phone and collect, they are on the outskirts of Birmingham near the M6.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah just realised that you are in the USA, so ignore my last post!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, my OH was looking for another copper supplier for his fold form and this looks hopeful. The last one included the weigh5 of packaging in the parcel and only sent out half the weight and not the thicknesses advertised!

What an old fashioned web page they have though, think it’ll require a phonecall