Thread: Where can I find findings, specifically clips, for high end fine jewellery?

Default Where can I find findings, specifically clips, for high end fine jewellery?

Hi

I've made a set of earrings which I wanted to be in gold but are quite big and heavy even in silver (10g). Due to their size I'm going to keep them silver and have them gold plated. The issue is that they require a post and a clip, which I've tried and it works well but the current clip looks far too lightweight and flimsy for the earring itself and the price point that I'm aiming for so...
    Firstly, do I add a gold clip before the earring is plated or a silver one?
    Secondly, where do I buy substantial, strong, high end findings for my jewellery. I'll need a clip that goes over a post.

I'd be very grateful for advice

Not sure what you mean by clip..do you mean a butterfly or nut?
    What sort of findings do you want?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Fisher in Germany sell more substantial earring posts and scrolls. Once ordered you will have them in a week.

https://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/index.php?language=en

However plating on them will wear off too quickly to be advisable. Dennis

Dennis and OP. If all that is wanted is big scrolls/butterflies/nuts in sterling I have them.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Thank you both

The earring is large so it has a post on the back and then instead of a butterfly, the clip, which is in essence a loop on a hinge, goes over the post at the back of the ear to offer more security. I was wondering about the omega findings on the coonskins website as a possibility, should I choose the gold over the plated then Dennis, even if the earring itself is gold plated?

This German website looks great Dennis thank you!
    Thank you 'P' but I think I need a clip rather than a butterfly

I actually use 9ct white standard pins and butterflies now as they are much stronger and more secure than silver and easier for customers to deal with.
    Omega are ok but silver posts are quite fragile so anything that is fiddly and the customers tend to break the posts.
    I also tried the threaded posts with screw on backs but again , in silver, customers tended to snap the posts.