Thread: Quiet forum

Smile Quiet forum

After reading remark about the quiet forum I decided to stop lurking and start posting so here goes. I recently treated myself to an overnight visit to the Birmingham jewellery quarter. I booked a place on a metal stamping demo at Cooksons which was quite good. The tutor explained the punches and accessories and how to use them and there was the opportunity to try it out and, of course, to buy. I was sat at the front but not sure how well people at the back could see. I spent an afternoon browsing the jewellers but the place that really blew me away was a gallery called ‘Artisan Alchemy’ especially the work of Michele White and Stephen Medhurst. I was in awe of their imaginative designs and the workmanship. The hotel was excellent and very reasonable and I can thoroughly recommend a visit.

Thank you for sharing. I once went to see the old jewellery workshop and the drop hammer demonstration. Not something to do at home. Dennis.

Thanks for that, really nice to take a look at their work and I'm a bit envious that your saw actual pieces in a gallery.

Yes it is different from seeing work on the internet and although I couldn’t afford to buy the lady in charge was happy to remove items from the cases for me to look at closer. I am hoping to make a return visit next year for the open studio weekend and also see the jewellery museum and the pen museum.