Thread: Selling gold / diamond jewelry

Default Selling gold / diamond jewelry

Hi , A little advice needed.
    A short while ago, i had what now appears to be a silly idea. I bought two items of high end jewelry from an auction , with the idea of re selling and making a profit. A gold / diamond necklace valued at 4,000 € and a 14 kt gold / diamond ring valued at 700 € . I am very pleased with the items that i bought they are lovely , also came with certification . ( Brand new )
    My problem is selling them. I tried eBay and only got scammers . I have been to many jewelers here in Spain and they will only offer me money for the gold , not the diamonds.
    Does anyone know of any dealers that would be willing to pay a fair price for my items in the uk.
    Thanks Tony

That's a tough question, because this is a jewellery making forum and we are more likely to discuss why solder won't flow, or whether a piece can be hallmarked.
    Off the top of my head I would look for an auction house that auctions fine jewellery, put on a reserve and ask them to sell it. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's a tough question, because this is a jewellery making forum and we are more likely to discuss why solder won't flow, or whether a piece can be hallmarked.
    Off the top of my head I would look for an auction house that auctions fine jewellery, put on a reserve and ask them to sell it. Dennis.
    I understand . Actually the reason i am here is to learn jewelry making . Strangely enough, buying the jewelry is what led me to start making my own.
    My wife likes the necklace and i like the ring so no big deal if i don't sell them, but i thought i might ask while i am on here cause you never know....Tony

I can only comment from a Australian view, for every real buyer on ebay 10 will be scammers or tyre kickers that's just the way it is, most jewellers will only pay scrap value, unless it is what is termed estate jewellery
    or has some other significant value.

Agree, you will be too easy target for scammers, so be careful.