Thread: Casting plaster waste

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Casting plaster waste

Hello,

I do a lot of lostwax casting and it produces quite some plaster waste. I am wondering what is the most effective way of dealing with the plaster waste? If you do casting, what systems are you using to deal with the plaster?

Used Casting plaster is not hazardous, being mainly gypsum with small residues of the metals cast. It can be disposed of in domestic or business waste, but crumbled is also useful as a conditioner for heavy garden soil. Dennis.

I drain as much of the water off as I can after its settled over night with a syphon then put it on a big tray to dry out. Then dispose of it in a heavy duty plastic bin bag. I put the bag in a bucket to fill it up. Its a bit messy but ive not forund a better way. It would be quicker if you could filter the water out in a cheese cloth or similar,but never tried.

Thank you for your awnsers. I also use plastic bags and then drain out as much water as I can and then throw it in the garbage pin. It is quite messy. I was wondering if somebody has some more efficient method.

Put it into a large sieve or colander to drain surplus water, then tip it into a heavy duty bin bag or garden bag for disposal. Dennis.

Thank you.