Thread: Greetings

Thumbs up Greetings

Hello Everyone,

I知 Pad.

I知 not entirely sure where the germ of interest in jewellery design and creation started.
    Right now, I知 in the phase of getting some beginner equipment together. Chief amongst my interests is hand engraving. I知 approaching this from the point of learning something new and interesting, so I知 looking forward to practicing grinding and polishing my own gravers before starting to cut metal.

To begin with, I値l be happy to avoid lacerating myself :-)

Best regards to you all,

Pad.

One tip - to avoid graver tips - *ALWAYS* keep your fingers below the level of the workpiece. That way, when the graver slips it'll go off into air and not bury itself in your fingers.
    DAMHIKT.

Hi Pad and welcome. Gravers come as blanks and need grinding to shape, mounting in a handle and sharpening. If you can possibly find a short course, you will make better progress. The setting up can take all of the first day. Dennis.

Welcome pad, I (dabble ) with engraving, grinding and sharpening the gravers is the easy part, I am a long way from being proficient, if you are serious get yourself a engravers ball

Hello everyone,
    My sincerest apologies for not replying sooner, things are a bit hectic at work and home at the moment.
    Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I have lots to understand and discover. Life permitting, I’ll be asking questions in the relevant forums soon. Though I’ll be sure to search before posting questions that have already been answered.
    Pad.