Thread: diamond & ruby ring

Default diamond & ruby ring

Hello, I hope I'm not posting my question on the wrong platform or the incorrect forum, if so, kindly nudge me away. If possible, please can someone help me. I have inherited a gold ring which I believe to be made circa 1900 (late Victorian) with "L.E.B&B" stamped in it, which I assume is the maker. I have searched high and low through England, Scotland & Ireland in some databases like Jackson’s Hallmarks for maker "L.E.B&B" with no success, maybe a lessor maker 100 years ago that didn't rise to prominence and therefore does not get listed in 'maker' databases. Hopefully someone out there knows! :-) PS : the box it came in had maker "The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Company Ltd 112 Regent St London W" but I assume that the two don't marry up properly as L.E.B&B is the wrong letters and should be "G&SCo Ltd" or maybe "WC JL" for William Gibson and John Langman who are associated with the company. Please see attachments. Thank you in advance, Terence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r4.jpg   r1.jpg   r3.jpg  

Marvellous ring. The hallmark will tell you which assay office to approach and they will have made the makers stamp. Dennis.

Hi Dennis, there is no hallmark, only maker's mark, 18Ct and PI for Platinum Iridium (I believe). See pic R4.

I was about to say the same but with only the 18ct mark it may be continental I suppose if there is no hallmark. Nice ring though.
    You could always contact London Assay office for advice anyway and they would point you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I was about to say the same but with only the 18ct mark it may be continental I suppose if there is no hallmark. Nice ring though.
    You could always contact London Assay office for advice anyway and they would point you in the right direction
    Interestingly, the first two Google results for LEB&B came up with photos of rings, both stated as British. The sites were separate, both dealing in vintage jewellery.