Thread: Sterling Silver Sliding Ellipse Clasp 8mm

Default Sterling Silver Sliding Ellipse Clasp 8mm

Hi there, I'm looking to use this bead and want to know if your forum users have any feedback on it - where is best place to post this sort of conversation.

Thanks so much. Best, Clare

Hi Clare welcome
    Can you give a bit more info? I think you have to do a few more posts before you can post a photo.
    If you click on forum there’s a list of categories for posts, I can’t remember offhand what one you’d want

Hi Caroline

Thanks so much - the product is one of Cookson's so I'm interested in feedback from their customers on how they find its durability. Not sure where to post that. The customer service just put me in touch with the forum but I had no idea so many sectors!!!

Best, Clare

Hi Clare - I've used plenty of these and they work just fine. I used to make my own, but in honesty, these cost so little that it really isn't worth it! You do need to make sure your chain or cord is not too thin or they don't grip well, but I've not had any problems.

I have not used them Clare, but as with George have some experience of home made devices. it looks to me that you might have to buy one of each (or try them in the showroom) to decide which suits the thickness of your chain best.

As they have a soft core, which is likely to wear and cease to hold after a while, I would be tempted to have an additional fastener elsewhere (maybe at the side), so that these beads are only used from time for length adjustment.