Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help required - Swarovski Beads

Goodness it's slow here this morning... And they seem to have removed yesterdays posts at a most unfortunate time so, I'm reviving this one...

Has everyone on line done their bit to help Adam (Cooksons) get some feedback on Swarovski crystals...? If not - have a quick look at his post at the beginning of this thread and then add on your thoughts!!

Ok a bit of an update on my earlier post.

I've had a look at the American site I used to use and picked out a few things that would be of intrest if you could get hold of them. All of these items come in a reasonable colour range and are popular:

Pearls - I love these and would use them a lot.
    Cosmic Rings and Ovals - they are great linking pieces
    Twists - another good all rounder

The following I haven't used but look interesting so may be worth considering:

Bead Caps
    Headpins
    Some of the Sew-On Components

I really do like the idea of buying the bulk of my components from one supplier, if you can compete on price, you're not there yet but hopefully if you are buying in a larger range you will get better discounts which you can pass on.

When you get bored with discussing SW stock can you pencil in a slot to think about supplying a Semi Precious range - please.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post

When you get bored with discussing SW stock can you pencil in a slot to think about supplying a Semi Precious range - please.
    Oh yeah!! I agree with you on that one!

Briolites i want and need briolites

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Oh yeah!! I agree with you on that one!
    Another from me for this one.
    Di x

And another from me too.

While you're at it, could you also add gold filled wire to the list, plus sterling gimp... You'd have us all lined up with our baskets filling up by the minute!

very quiet isn't it!
    Jules

Hi, the swarovski's that I use are all rounds - I don't like the bicone for some reason, not sure why but there you go. I have a habit of buying in small amounts, but really like to handle the beads to get inspiration so I'm not sure I'd buy from Cookies unless I was replacing a known colour/size combination.

It's possible I'll change my mind if Cookies widen their range of colours/shapes etc 'cos I've never looked at rondels etc.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I don't really use Swarovski these days, but I have a commission where I needed a selection of Vintage Rose and Fuchsia in 8 and 6mm rounds and 4mm bicones. I looked for them at Cooksons and would have been happy to buy them from you but you didn't have all the different types I needed, plus they were available in more appropriate quantities from the supplier I did use, and cost me a lot less.
    Lucinda

Hello, I looked at the prices of my normal supplier and found that they had increased their prices and your prices are now cheaper than theirs -they weren't before.

When I buy crystals I like to buy a few of each colour/size, i very rarely buy a huge stock of any one particular bead, so I look for suppliers who are happy to count out the beads, I don't like to buy big packs as then the beads don't get used up that quickly. I have bought colour/bead mixes before, but again i find that i don't use up all of the beads. I prefer to choose my own.

I do tend to shop around a bit each time as often no one site has every bead I am looking for. when i make an order I normally try to get everything from the same place if poss.

I do use a lot of 3mm bicones which i notice you don't stock.

When I'm next putting an order together (which will be quite soon I suspect as I want to start making for Christmas), I'll do a bit of shopping around and I'll report back my findings!

I was wondering if the crystallized Swarovski elements (sold at Michael's and Joann's and other craft stores) are considered Swarovski crystal beads and whether or not they are in fact different?

I mostly hear crystallized elements so I am not sure if they are real crystal beads or just have a little bit of crystal in them. Thanks! Also, if there are any websites you can lead me to, then that will be great. Thanks!