Thread: Waves pendant

Default Waves pendant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E4CCFE4-21C3-4808-B141-C87DFDEC1BA8.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	12062

Another wave themed piece because the curvy shapes were so pleasing to make. It’s about 2cm wide, made using 1.5mm sterling wire & 0.7mm sheet.
    As usual I’ve struggled getting a decent finish to the polish and will need to put in some more work on that.
    I’m also considering oxidising the waves with LOS because I quite liked the darker shade & contrast it had before pickling - should have taken a picture then for comparison but never mind.
    What do you reckon, shiny or oxidised?
    Hazel

Oxidised would look good if you can get the lovely blues that Caroline gets but it would probably wear off quickly ?

I’ve been quite lucky with my oxidisation on pendants it holds really well probably because there is no abrasion. The other possibility would be to lightly oxidise the wire and not the waves so that they remain shiny and frothy. I use platinum, can’t cope with the smell of los

I like it either way Hazel. Very evocative of the sea in a few simple lines. The next one could have Mount Fuji in the background like this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gr...e_off_Kanagawa Dennis.

What a lovely pendant, I love the design. You could always oxidise it and see what you think, just take it off it you decide it’s better without. I’m hopeless at getting a good finish - it’s that mirror finish - don’t think i’ll ever master it.
    Sue

What did you decide to do in the end Hazel?

Looks good. I struggle endlessly with sheet metal, so respect for making it work... be lovely to see if you decided to oxidise... for those who don't enjoy the los smell, hassle etc... I bought some in liquid form that you despense a few drops into a cup of hot water and it's brilliant, reduces the smell and the next day it's safe to pop down the toilet. Win win xx