Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Poor old Forum.

Default This Poor old Forum.

This poor old forum is threatened with extinction. We have thousands of members and it was once a hive of active discussion.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it over the years, but now there is only a handful of active members. Is it due to a preference for social media? It can't be global warming.

How about some of you posting a show and tell, or an interesting story, or a notice for an exhibition, just once a month or so? Things would soon perk up.

I'm sick of the sound of my own voice here. Dennis.

It has got a bit quiet right enough Dennis and often the people who ask a question don’t bother to return for the answer.

I’m afrait it’s FB, many of the old members on here are visiting different jewellery forums regularly. I do pop in here every day to check but I think the last time I answered something the poster either didn’t come back or my answer was ignored.

The same thing happened to the GOJD forum and everyone seemed to move here and now they’ve moved on again. I don’t know what the answer is

It's certainly quiet - I'd post more, but I'm not making much at the moment. Dennis beats me to most questions asked anyway so there's not much to add
    Still, I do get to deal with the spammers fairly frequently...

There was me thinking they weren’t even bothering now but you must be beating them to it!

It's definitely very quiet here. I tend to find that I don't have a lot to offer in terms of advice but know it's important to be active within a forum to keep it thriving, so do chip in if I think I have something to offer.

Maybe Dennis’s post here is just the little poke in the right direction that some of us needed - so I’ve just posted a show and tell. It’s not very exciting I’m afraid, but it’s all I’ve got just now.

I have a couple of things coming up I will post some pics making a belt buckle, plus building a new press, press is on hold for a bit as I am not allowed to weld at the moment (Just had second cataract done)

It's a whole new world with your sight improved, Bob.

What I thought were low clouds in the distance in morocco were in fact the atlas mountains - before and after!

Changing the subject I am off to Hong Kong on buying trip again in Sept for the massive international gem show. Happy to source for peeps. (going to a pearl farm in Vietnam before that to work)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I have absolutely nothing to offer advice wise as I’m a newbie - but just want to say your advice has been great so far and I haven’t been able to ask the questions I have to anyone/where else.
    So I say keep at it! So I can keep bugging you with my questions at least haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk