Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Poor old Forum.

Hello folks, it's been a while. Hope everyone is well. I can actually currently see my desk which helps as I can't use the forum on my phone, which is mostly how I do everything online these days. I do have a question, so I'll go and seek the appropriate spot.

Thank you for the nudge Dennis.
    I would just like to add that this forum has been invaluable to me. With a 20 year absence of making jewellery, lots of new techniques and equipment has emerged over this time, and this was the perfect place to ask questions without the fear of looking stupid.

I will from now on offer my support, even if i don’t feel qualified to give any advice.

We can’t lose this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must admit that being an old school goldsmith, most recent enquiries on this forum have been outside my knowledge, I do read the posts every day, but I have stopped posting photos of my past work as I am now retired from the trade. I do post photos and answer questions about my trade on FaceBook in various groups though.

James
    James Miller FIPG.

What is FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    What is FaceBook
    I am sure you are joking China, check this group;https://www.facebook.com/groups/1454448621535424/

Yes I was it was my feeble attempt at humour, I don't have anything to do with FaceBook, and yes I know that makes me a rare entity these days

I’m also guilty of dipping in and out infrequently.

I get most of my work from Instagram and Facebook but this is my only source for advice and help. People on here have been extremely good to me in that sense which is hugely appreciated.

Although I still make jewellery, most of my recent stuff is woodworking which means I haven’t posted anything on here. Then there’s the time element with work and setting my website up, although I do have a question I would like help on which I’ll post shortly

It’s a fantastic resource without a doubt, but l also don’t know the solution to revitalising the forum I’m afraid. Have CooksonGold seen a dip in trade? Is it because they don’t put that much effort into publicising the Forum?

Nick

This forum has been amazing for advice and support. I have found myself using Facebook more as I feel a lot of my questions are quite trivial or too basic. Will start posting more things here as would hate to lose this forum. Thank you for the nudge Dennis

Ditto what others have said, this forum has been a wonderful resource for invaluable advice.
    Im not sure what the answer is either, the SBJ forum on FB seems to be one of the busier places these days but I have no idea why people are congregating there rather than here.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Ditto what others have said, this forum has been a wonderful resource for invaluable advice.
    Im not sure what the answer is either, the SBJ forum on FB seems to be one of the busier places these days but I have no idea why people are congregating there rather than here.
    I think people like to be notified of posts or replies so fb suits. I’ve heard a few new posters on here coming back weeks later because they thought they’d have been notified of responses. If you’re already in fb then it’s all on your plate, not always a good thing