Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Step Forward Two Steps Back.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Beautiful as always Dennis. Let's hope this one doesn't go the way if the former one.
    Thank you Deb, but in the real world, that is what keeps jewellers in work and puts insurance companies into administration. Dennis.

That’s so lovely Dennis, i’d Be really gutted if I lost something like that. I couldn’t resist having a quick look at the albums, such lovely items. How did you make the little dragon, is it cast?

Thank you Sue. The dragon body was carved in wax and cast by West One Castings. The wings were made from sheet and wire and then added. The biggest problem was to get it hollow enough to reduce the weight. Dennis.

Love the new ring Dennis. Can't believe how long you've been going to Morley College. Gives me hope I may produce work as lovely as yours one day!

Thank you Tess. It's a good place to be, if you are close to London. Dennis.

Thanks for the info on how you made the dragon, very interesting and it must have been quite a labour of love.
    Gosh, you have been going to Morley college a long time, but I think you must have had quite a bit of innate talent before you even started. Did you do anything with transferable skills before you started at Morley, or did it come as a wonderful surprise that this is something you have quite a talent for?

The ring is gorgeous Dennis. I'd happily buy one of those off you! BTW, did you use that texturing wheel you were recommending a while ago to create the beautiful texture...?
    Jules

Thank you, Jules, the texture is nylon curtain fabric, wrapped round the metal and put through the mill- one of my favourites. Dennis.