Thread: Lighting my Sievert torch! Help! Piezoelectric gas lighter?

Question Lighting my Sievert torch! Help! Piezoelectric gas lighter?

Good evening all...
    So I have been using a cigarette lighter (risky I know) up until now to light my sievert torch.
    It ran out of gas so thought I'd get one of those piezo electric clicky gas lighter things from screwfix... it even comes with a little wall mount!
    Well I can not get it to light my torch?! Am I missing something - has anyone managed to get it to light with one?!
    Thanks in advance! =)

I've not used that style - I tend to use the flint lighters (this type of thing); I have a pistol-style flint lighter as well which can be a little more awkward in that you have to aim the sparks into the torch - I wonder if that might be a solution with yours? Keep the pressure low for lighting, just crack the valve slightly.

Thanks Peter!
    I will have another bash at it tonight. The spark is right inside the casing and I suspect I could have the gas pressure too high too! It is variable 4 bar dial from Hamilton and I am still getting used to it =)
    I will have to try a flint lighter
    Maria

I use a gas filled fire lighter for my sievert, you just have to place it so that the torch doesn't blow out the flame but it works fine

Thanks Caroline! Yes I think I'll just stick with a gas filled option. The piezo lighter is getting no where near it =)