Thread: Australia suppliers

Default Australia suppliers

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a rolling mill in Australia? Has to be able to be shipped as I live rural.
    Also, is a mini Durston a better option than a cheaper larger mill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This company sells Pepe products including mills http://www.gemcuts.com.au,/ the, are in Ballina if you particularly want Durden then this company sell them http://www.jewellerssupplies.com.au/ their head office is in Brisbane

You'll be paying international shipping one way or another, unless there is an Aus manufacturer. Why not buy direct and save money?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Retailers receive discounts on shipping because the buy more than one item, Pepe do not sell direct, buying from th US you will pay nearly half the cost of the mill in shipping, I can't speak for Durden as I believe their products are
    already way over priced.

I’m assuming that like Cookson here, Aus companies will get the discounts Bob. I agree about Durston although I can’t fault their rolling mill. They should have stuck to making them instead of the next generation making everything you could possibly think of only much more expensive. I’ve bought a few things and never will again, they provide little or no spec on products, their customer service is appalling, Matthews insists on dealing with everything himself if he remembers or isn’t on a skiing holiday and then he forgets when he comes back. There is always a problem however small with everything you buy, missing this, not as advertised in the photo, cheap hammer supplied with an expensive stake set

Are you sure the product is made in the US? Retailers have to make a profit. So any saving on shipping is far outweighed by the mark-up
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Pepe claim that all their products are made in the US, when I purchased my rolling mill it was less expensive to purchase in Australia than from the US plus freight
    Last edited by china; 06-06-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Since Cookson started supplying Foredom I’m sure the price had come down substantially, it definitely had on the micro motor from the cheapest available here before so it must be down to the numbers they can sell to their customers