Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to solder this?

Dennis, thank you. The sizing is tricky, so I will make a bunch of rings for myself (good excuse ). It's time to upgrade from pearls to stone setting.
    Lana.

Don't you mean downgrade from pearls to stones?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBouillon View Post
    The sizing is tricky
    Hi Lana, that is why I brought it up. The sizing of irregular ring shanks has been discussed many times before, because you can't just check your size on a ring stick.

But briefly, you check your customer's size as usual with a ring sizer and then find a knuckle on one of your own fingers that it fits snugly. Remember that feeling and the sizer used and then make the new ring to fit that knuckle.

As your own fingers probably vary from hour to hour and day to day, you have to check your knuckle with that sizer whenever you start work, or even change knuckles. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Don't you mean downgrade from pearls to stones?
    Well... How about to upgrade to pearls with stones?

Dennis,
    thank you very much for the tips. I've been thinking about it since I started the first ring fitting. Compare to necklaces or earrings, rings seemed the most difficult because of sizing, and books don't cover the subject at all except some very general information.
    Resizing rings with stones is unknown category as well. I'm sure that retail jewelers have no problem with re-sizing. It would be great to learn from them.
    Lana.