Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 'Too many great ideas', anyone else?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    40!! spring chicken

I was told this year that 60 is the new 40, I have pinned on the board in my kitchen that... Age is in the Mind
    so that makes me nearly 30 if I follow the same rhetoric?? lol

I don't mind being the age I am, I have known so many people who have not gotten this far and still hope my journey may be a long one. May it also be filled with mayhem and sparkly things too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    so that makes me nearly 30 if I follow the same rhetoric?? lol

I don't mind being the age I am, I have known so many people who have not gotten this far and still hope my journey may be a long one. May it also be filled with mayhem and sparkly things too!
    There will always be joy & mayhem especially, with you around Shaw
    xx

haha you said sparkly not joy so i buggered myself up there oops
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    There will always be joy & mayhem especially, with you around Shaw
    xx

haha you said sparkly not joy so i buggered myself up there oops
    Like the Spanish inquisition... I shall start again....

may it be filled with three things; mayhem, joy and sparkly things...and comfy slippers....

may it be filled with four things....

<--- (there is no Spanish Inquisition Smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Like the Spanish inquisition... I shall start again....

may it be filled with three things; mayhem, joy and sparkly things...and comfy slippers....

may it be filled with four things....

<--- (there is no Spanish Inquisition Smiley)
    You forgot chocolate dear
    heehee
    x
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Oh dear, you've really got it bad.

I used to have loads of hobbies - dressmaking, textiles, cake decorating, gardening, amateur dramatics, baking to name a few. I now have no time at all for anything other than jewellery making. I miss my old hobbies though and my garden is a mess.

I started off in the spare room but soon outgrew that. I've now got a fab purpose built 2 room studio in the back garden where I'd live if I could. Even though it's quite large, I'd still like it a bit bigger as my lust for tools keeps growing!
    Never really 'did' hobbies, I just did 'things' and spent time outside a lot, and gained a lot of interests. These finally started to manifest physically only as I hit my 30's, and to me none of these things are diverse - in my mind they all stem from an interest in nature, biology, chemistry, physics,the fascinating connectedness of everything and are intimately connected as branches on a tree...

...This tree that keeps on bloody growing!

I haven't the resources to sustain a fraction of it at the moment though; financially or personally - my body/mind/spirits crap out on me when other stuff's holding up fine, and my lack of tools or the right ones means most of my work is focus, labour and time intensive.

Currently I am working most on trying to change this state of affairs though! Soon as I figure out how I'm supposed to best feed this body of mine I'll be most of the way there LOL!

Love the sound of your studio ya lucky sod ',;~}~

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    Don't tell anyone but i hit 40 pretty soon
    x
    I 'hit' 40 quite hard a few years ago, and am not far off about to kick it right in the midriff, kinda while it's still down sorta thing, heh...

',;~}~

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    40!! spring chicken

I was told this year that 60 is the new 40, I have pinned on the board in my kitchen that... Age is in the Mind

And in the eyes of youth!

Don't let them young tykes convince you you're losing your sparks for stiffnesses as you put years behind you, and then try to treat you like you were born yesterday?!?

Heheheh...

Luckily for me I can still wrestle them to the ground and sit on them to prove them wrong.

If I've had me breakfast.

Shaun

'Middle' aged my @rse - I get the feeling this could go on for bloody ages yet LOL!

So many topics, middle age, ill health , wee workshop spaces where to start!!

Well I'm heading the wrong side of 50 and it hurts in more ways than you'd imagine my bad health kind of defines what I can do but if I didn't make jewellery I would have nothing to show for my life. I'm a good organiser so took on getting funding for a conservation project and as well as being grants manager I am now chair of the small Trust. God knows why we put ourselves through so much, I only ever joined to do their promotion and art work and provide local knowledge as nearly everyone is new to the area and now I do that as well!

I have so many ideas going round in my head it's just being able to bring them to fruition. I have a pile and I mean a pile of started pendants ear rings and spoons lying on the bench as yet unfinished. It has been fruit time so chutneys and jams beckoned when I had such good intentions to get seriously in to the workshop Now the garden needs sorted before the bad weather hits and I'm torn. I suppose in truth I'm disillusioned with my work and sit on the brink of throwing in the towel after more than 30 years but then my confidence gets a boost at the open studio and I muddle on. Ho hum
    I was lucky enough to get a workshop built into the new extension a few years back after a very cold coal shed. Is it big enough, is it hell. My wee lathe is up the attic and I need to be very tidy which once you get in to a load of work is impossible. I had a dream the other night and it was my workshop but it went on forever, well I suppose we can dream.

I 've taken a yearning for colour in my work and I blame all the amazing stained glass,glass and mosaics that are coming through my FB page, now where can I fit all that into my workshop?

Thanks for the group therapy, this would cost a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by FloWolF View Post
    And in the eyes of youth!

Don't let them young tykes convince you you're losing your sparks for stiffnesses as you put years behind you, and then try to treat you like you were born yesterday?!?

Heheheh...

Luckily for me I can still wrestle them to the ground and sit on them to prove them wrong.

If I've had me breakfast.

Shaun

'Middle' aged my @rse - I get the feeling this could go on for bloody ages yet LOL!
    Yes perhaps in the eyes of youth, but I too refuse to think old and possibly from the back with a baseball hat on I don't look 60

Like Wallace I appreciate the extra time.

CJ57 Caroline no throwing in the towel, I did that in 1985 only coming back to jewellery last year. Not wasted years just different.

I know I didn't make from about 1985 on becoming ill until I picked it up again 10 years ago, I'm just finding it hard to keep up the impetus. Needing to get that Etsy page set up as everyone keeps telling me