Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Out the Bangle Sizer.

Default Get Out the Bangle Sizer.

When I showed The Whole Caboodle in the liquorice colours last month, I missed out a bracelet, cuff, or bangle. So it was ‘get out the bangle sizer’.

That was easier said than done, because it was stored in the back of a drawer somewhere and hadn’t seen daylight for years.

My new three layer bangle in brown and beige is in my second picture, below. It is made from an octagonal disk, sandwiched between two round disks.

No sooner was it done than I had a request for another one in Suffragette colours: green white and violet, to stand for hope, purity, loyalty and dignity, and also Give Women the Vote. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bb1 Bangle Sizer.jpg   bb2 Three Layer Bangle.jpg   bb3 Suffragette Colours.jpg  

I particularly like the the symbol of hope purity and dignity Dennis. It’s something we could all do with

Brilliantly done Dennis (though I'd expect no less). The suffragette version, which is fabulous, would do a very nice double-duty for Wimbledon, I suspect

Another well executed piece, bangle sizer mm! must get one one day probably a lot better than my trial and error method

Thank you all for liking my bangles. I'm hoping that they will jolly up an outfit for a night out. Kind regards, Dennis.

I'm glad you found your bangle sizer as I think that acrylic is extremely well suited to bangles. I'd wear either of those!

Thank you Sheena. Dennis.

Nice work Dennis, are they made from acrylic ?

Thank you, yes they are. Some 2½ years ago I bought a colour assortment of 3mm acrylic sheet, thinking I would make some retro brooches.
    You get a lot for your money and I still have plenty left.
    Click on the link below to see more. Dennis.

I presume the sections are glued together ? ( if so very neatly done )What type of adhesive do you use for acrylics ?