Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quiz time

As a by the by Dennis, I saw some really quite nice pendants the other day which were simple silver frames in which had been set (presumably with glue) crushed gemstones or chips, might be a way of using your box of shame without the agony of seeing them go to waste.

Here is a link to one that I saw http://www.etsy.com/listing/88980483...al-peridot-and

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    As a by the by Dennis, I saw some really quite nice pendants the other day which were simple silver frames in which had been set (presumably with glue) crushed gemstones or chips, might be a way of using your box of shame without the agony of seeing them go to waste.

Here is a link to one that I saw http://www.etsy.com/listing/88980483...al-peridot-and
    best NOT to glue my sphene! lol

I love the grey blue stones. Especially the one bottom right Cornelius. Near knee buckling moment. lol

Hear is a nice link for the natural version http://www.sinhalite.com/cobalt-spinel.htm

The last pic the macle crystal is just lovely.

The last pic the macle crystal is just lovely.
    it is delish - probably much nicer than that old Sphene
    Last edited by Wallace; 24-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.

I have to admit its quit pretty , but the description ; "The mosaic was created with natural hand-cut opal, peridot and iolite"

Hahhahah yes Julian I did not believe that for one moment :0)

I knew it was a sphene as I am a bit of a fan of them, just did not say at the time coz well the minute I saw it I knew and that would have been spoiling things :0)
    Last edited by Kwant; 24-04-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more unimportant info :0)

Quote Originally Posted by eirish View Post
    I think I'll guess fluorite for the other green square.
    From what I can see, there is a large crack, which is very similar to ones I have seen in aquamarine and citrine. It looks badly scratched, I gues it was no like that when bought, an the scratches look more than setting damage. My guess would be that it came from the other stones in the box. So soft, the others are not that scratched, the two quartz and peridot are of similar hardness.

The green screams iron, asuning the color is not from a color center (shared electron).

I am guessing, I can't see anything I would consider conclusive

Julian

The candidate that comes to mind is beryl, but fluorite is also a good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eirish View Post
    I thought the top cab might be labradorite? and the 3 squares peridot? I'd also vote for citrine, garnet, and amethyst but I think I'll guess fluorite for the other green square.
    Yes, Yes, Yes, but the other green square is green tourmaline. As you are such an active and valued member, could we give you a first name, eirish?

I knew it was a sphene as I am a bit of a fan of them, just did not say at the time coz well the minute I saw it I knew and that would have been spoiling things :0)
    you did say you would give others a chance - and George managed to pip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes, but the other green square is green tourmaline. As you are such an active and valued member, could we give you a first name, eirish?
    I believe, from the latest comp, I saw that it is Elynor