Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patinas: swellegant, vintaj, gilders

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer, I meant that I found they were chalky in that they rubbed off really easily - I guess that makes them no better or worse than other patinas but the big bonus I suppose is the lack of odour.

Actually, I'm going to take back my comments about the chalky/rub off-ness of the Swellegant stuff. I've just dug out my test piece and given them a rub and there's going to have to be some heavy duty emery paper action to get the colours off. So, I am hereby a fan of Swellegant patinas! I think my issue was that shortly after applying I found I could run it off with my fingers - but three weeks later there's no shifting it, so thanks for the push to make me go and test it Sheena

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Actually, I'm going to take back my comments about the chalky/rub off-ness of the Swellegant stuff. I've just dug out my test piece and given them a rub and there's going to have to be some heavy duty emery paper action to get the colours off. So, I am hereby a fan of Swellegant patinas! I think my issue was that shortly after applying I found I could run it off with my fingers - but three weeks later there's no shifting it, so thanks for the push to make me go and test it Sheena
    That's so brill to know! That's the the one issue i was wondering about, i thought maybe i hadn't quite applied them right as on my piece it seemed as stable as if i'd used acrylics. They do mention the stuff has a curing time on the internet so that looks to be crucial. Did you use the swellegant sealant on yours also? That was the next thing I was going to try.

For anyone else interested in the range you can find out about them here
    https://www.firemountaingems.com/res...erm=swellegant

No, I hadn't used a sealer on them and I found the blue in particular came off on my fingers but as you've rightly pointed out there is a curing time.
    Metal Clay sells them in the UK, it's where I got my pack of minis from.

I got mine from alchemy and ice if they've set really well without the sealer, super excellent news.