Thread: sick of rouge bogies!

Default sick of rouge bogies!

...and it really gets the back of my throat!
    i use it probably more than i should as i go straight from fine file or rubberflex to rouge. It ends up covering everything with a fine dust coating especially my face
    I us a Dremel at about 15-20,000 rpm to get the best results... any tips?

Wear a mask. Basic PPE alongside safety specs.

Actually i do wear a face mask, is this a normal thing for everyone then? i thought i must be doing it wrong?

If you're inhaling the dust, it may be that your mask isn't fitting very well. The standard rule (well, as I was always taught) is that if you can smell it, you're breathing it... There's various masks on the market; some fit me, some don't. At the moment I've got a box of disposable masks that are significantly better than the DIY store ones - they fit, keep dust out (but not solvent vapours, I have a different mask for that) and don't vent directly under my safety specs.

Dust extraction is obviously better - even after you've turned the machines off there's still dust hanging around in the air, so the mask only goes so far.

Another helpful option is to switch to a water based polishing compound. I binned my tripoli and rouge after I started using Luxi - I believe I get a better finish as well

I use the blue and white bars http://www.hewitt-impex.co.uk/shop/

Thanks for your replies guys.

I suppose an extractor fan would help - wifey's gona love that :-/

So Luxi sounds good, does it not dry as its used and turn to dust like rouge? or is that impossible? does it leave a residue on the surface? might have to buy a block...or two.