Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I an idiot for doing this?

Take the course and all it throws at you!

I spent the first two years of my apprenticeship polishing in a room with no company, one window and a loud vacuum unit! Honestly patience is a virtue.

Most my friends work on buses or in retail and they don't have any creativity in their job or the satisfaction like mending or creating a piece!

Oh! Oh! Oh! It starts 3 weeks today and I'm getting nervous about. Particularly as I've signed up for a drama course which starts on the same day. I'm still doing the right thing......right?

I'm not an expert on courses, never had the opportunity to do a jewellery one - but.

Follow your heart ... at 3 in the morning when you are too tired to worry about the politics of the decision, depressed because you've forgotten which direction has the light at the end of the tunnel, wonder how you ever dared to think you might have any talent ... just stop a while and listen to the silence and forget everything... then listen to it a little more ... and very slowly your heart will tell you the right direction to go.

Corney as it sounds, you just have to have faith that your soul will guide you in the right direction!

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

You get a big from me, if I had time for a course I'd take one in a heartbeat... "take what you can and give nothing back" I believe is the phrase Captain Jack uses :lol: but I'm sure you'll give plenty of lovely jewellery back to the world when your finished
    Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Oh! Oh! Oh! It starts 3 weeks today and I'm getting nervous about. Particularly as I've signed up for a drama course which starts on the same day. I'm still doing the right thing......right?
    Hasn't your thirst for knowledge grown enormously by reading this forum and discovering all the things you wish you could do but need someone to show you how to get started... This course is your opportunity.... and with the knowledge bank you now have at your fingertips you can make sure you are the 'star pupil' with all the right questions to ask the tutor to help to steer the course in the direction to make it interesting for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Hasn't your thirst for knowledge grown enormously by reading this forum

No. It's just made me fearful that I won't be able to do anything and I'll just be sat there like a proper boob.

I need to get solder and saw blades and there's no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    No. It's just made me fearful that I won't be able to do anything and I'll just be sat there like a proper boob.

I need to get solder and saw blades and there's no time!
    Coco!!! You are going there to learn things...not teach the whole class!! But if you can show you are keen and interested and excited by the whole process the tutor and the other learners will warm to you!! I'm sure you will love it....and I for one am very jealous of you! I would love to be going back to college - I really miss the cameraderie...and the feeling of purpose you get when you are on a course!

You will be fine Coco! You won't be able to wait for week two
    Em

Coco

I loved every minute of my time at college and yes it was a few years ago but i would go back in a flash, they should have all the things you need there as back up so dont worry, good luck wish it where me.
    By the way which college are you going to?

N'aaaaaw thanks everyone, you guys are so ace!

Can you just make sure you're around on september 14th?

Emerald - it's @ Kensington & chelsea community college. Pretty near Portobello Road