Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted

Default Gutted

I am absolutley gutted having spent months and months of googling, following links, links and more links, magazine articles and shows i had built a huge amount of lampworkers shops in my favourites list.

My OH bought an I phone the other day and they along with all my other favs downloaded themselves on to it - not a problem if it had been my phone but he is not happy that it was on his so after much harrasment i set up folders for all of my favs beads shops, lampwork, tutorials etc etc just went to go and do some drooling and the lampwork folder has gone aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Oh dear - I'm guessing hubby is in the dog house now then.

Can you not call the phone company and see if they can offer any advice you'd be surprised with what they can do sometimes.
    Michelle x

Oh big
    I once managed to delete all my work off my memory stick once. I could retreive some of the data using file recovery software

Oh Jo!!! you poor thing
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

OMG, OMG ,OMG, OMG!!!! I really sympathise, Jo. My Favourites list is a mess but I sort of know where things are........most of the time.
    Hope you can retrieve something.

I know it won't solve anything but I always find a kick in the bum makes me feel better (for him not you).

Or secret 'accidental' revenge - that's even better.
    Michelle x

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Big massive Jo. If it helps I can ask one of the guys at my OH work as they deal with data recovery and also with i phones, don't know if anything can be done but am happy to try and find out for you.

Mich xxx

I lost all my favourites this weekend too so I know how you feel....

We have been having intermittent problems connecting to the internet and it wouldn't connect at all on Saturday pm so I rang BT Broadband helpline, and after several different changes to settings and testing the line and resetting the hub she suggested that it was the browser (BTYahoo) and to uninstall it. I was just following all the instructions she was giving me so when she suggested I open an IE browswer to see if it was connecting I realised that all the faves had gone and gave her an earful about how she could have warned me as I'm not very techie and didn't know that would happen. She was very apologetic and said she was more concerned about getting my internet connection working... which was fair enough so I apologised back.

Am now having to set them up again as I go along as I can't remember them all

Ah thanks guys , i think OH is getting rid of all the things i spend to much time or money on lol as other fav's have dissapeared it will be cookies next xx

Oh poor you, that's terrible. When my last laptop went bye bye I was distraught and I only had a few favs on it.

Use it as an excuse to spend sometime perusing the web to remind yourself what you liked.

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!