Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition November 2016 - Autumn

Love, love, love those ivy leaves!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by SandieB View Post
    Love, love, love those ivy leaves!
    thank you very much Sandie, I loved making them

Hi all,

There is only just over a week left to go in this month's Autumn themed competition so make sure you enter your design before it's too late!

Best of luck to everyone

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by jengreenwood View Post
    Hi all,

There is only just over a week left to go in this month's Autumn themed competition so make sure you enter your design before it's too late!

Best of luck to everyone

Jen
    Ooooh, good luck people! 😃

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I would like to submit my entry I just finished - a tree with a falling leaf. It's actually it's the first real jewellery making I've done since I moved almost a year ago! (I'm not counting my experiments with cutlery as real jewellery making..) I thought I'd give Argentium silver a try after seeing it on the Cookson website, and I must say it cut like a dream. I haven't decided yet if it's nicer to work with than sterling silver, but after spending months toying around with silver cutlery I think any flat smooth surface seems a luxury!
    The falling leaf pendant is approximately 3cm x 3cm and I have used Keum-boo on the falling leaf to make it look like an autumnal colour. I wasn't sure if Argentium would work for Keum-boo in the same way as sterling silver but it seems to have fused just fine!
    I must admit I had some difficulty soldering the tube on top - I started with Argentium solder but it just wouldn't flow so I switched to easy silver solder and it worked out, though it looked awfully close to having the entire piece melting towards the end. I hadn't really done a lot of soldering in the past year so it was probably just me

As usual my photography is questionable - if I ever do win another competition I definitely need to purchase something to help with that! But now that I've posted my picture I can see flaws that can't be seen with the naked eye so feeling just a bit gutted actually

There are some amazing entries here by the way, really loving the rake and leaves
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cooksongold2a.jpg  
    Last edited by Sandra; 26-11-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Hi everyone,

Just a gentle reminder that this is your final chance to enter our Autumn themed competition!

Submit your entry by midnight, Wednesday 30th November for the chance to win a £100 shopping spree.

Good luck

Jen

Mine's nearly finished - will post it tomorrow - hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I would like to submit my entry I just finished - a tree with a falling leaf. It's actually it's the first real jewellery making I've done since I moved almost a year ago! (I'm not counting my experiments with cutlery as real jewellery making..) I thought I'd give Argentium silver a try after seeing it on the Cookson website, and I must say it cut like a dream. I haven't decided yet if it's nicer to work with than sterling silver, but after spending months toying around with silver cutlery I think any flat smooth surface seems a luxury!
    The falling leaf pendant is approximately 3cm x 3cm and I have used Keum-boo on the falling leaf to make it look like an autumnal colour. I wasn't sure if Argentium would work for Keum-boo in the same way as sterling silver but it seems to have fused just fine!
    I must admit I had some difficulty soldering the tube on top - I started with Argentium solder but it just wouldn't flow so I switched to easy silver solder and it worked out, though it looked awfully close to having the entire piece melting towards the end. I hadn't really done a lot of soldering in the past year so it was probably just me

As usual my photography is questionable - if I ever do win another competition I definitely need to purchase something to help with that! But now that I've posted my picture I can see flaws that can't be seen with the naked eye so feeling just a bit gutted actually

There are some amazing entries here by the way, really loving the rake and leaves
    That's beautiful! I love the little dangling leaf 😊

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Here's my contribution, a pendant featuring a landscape in the colours of autumn found in nature's very own picture jasper.
    V1cr
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pendant.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	9620

This is Hercule the hedgehog scampering through the autumn leaves to investigate a new outcrop of toadstools:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hercule-the-Hedgehog-.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	9621
    The stone is an Ohio flint - it's colours reminded me of the fallen leaves, reds, yellows and finally fading to browns - and flint always makes me think of lighting fires - perhaps to keep a prehistoric family warm on a nippy Autumn evening...
    I've tried to create a sympathetic, autumnal hedgerow themed chain with hawthorn leaves, berries, acorns and some bare twiggy bits.
    It's made of copper, brass and sterling and there are copal resin, carnelian, coral, jasper and some Czech picasso beads - which make lovely berries.
    Sally