Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knew Concept quick release saw

Default Knew Concept quick release saw

I’ve had the basic KC for years but as I’ve been doing more piercing I thought I’d get my OH to treat me to a new quick release version which has just arrived.
    Is it just me but I’m finding it difficult to see why I paid £70+ for a saw that doesn’t seem to make life any easier and I could definitely change a blade quicker on my old one. Am I missing something as I will admit I didn’t know what to expect of it? Apart from the lever you still have to do all the other things required of the basic saw

I don't use KC any more, as I found the blades just didn't fix correctly in the frame, despite the knobs being changed in the Q. I've gone back to my eclipse saw frame. Sorry I can't be more positive Caroline, but maybe others have found it more a positive purchse for them.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I’ve had the basic KC for years but as I’ve been doing more piercing I thought I’d get my OH to treat me to a new quick release version which has just arrived.
    Is it just me but I’m finding it difficult to see why I paid £70+ for a saw that doesn’t seem to make life any easier and I could definitely change a blade quicker on my old one. Am I missing something as I will admit I didn’t know what to expect of it? Apart from the lever you still have to do all the other things required of the basic saw
    I love mine, I was chosing between this one and that beautiful looking circular framed black one. I bought mine so I could take the tension off the blade easily (as I have long spells of not using it) also that I could tension it without having to press it against my body. I have never used any other saw so I don't know how it compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    I love mine, I was chosing between this one and that beautiful looking circular framed black one. I bought mine so I could take the tension off the blade easily (as I have long spells of not using it) also that I could tension it without having to press it against my body. I have never used any other saw so I don't know how it compares.
    You don’t have to tension it against your body with the basic one, just turn a screw. Remember I did all the weight and size spec for you when you bought yours. The other one was quite a bit heavier but it does look nice
    I’m just not sure it’s worth the money as I have the basic..

I’ve still got my 1975 eclipse and I still find myself putting the blades in against the bench peg with my KC. Old habits...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    You don’t have to tension it against your body with the basic one, just turn a screw. Remember I did all the weight and size spec for you when you bought yours. The other one was quite a bit heavier but it does look nice
    I’m just not sure it’s worth the money as I have the basic..
    Maybe sit on it for a couple of days, then go with your instincts. I'd forgotten you already had a kc

I’ve been reminded why I wanted one in March when I was doing the work that would have been made easier. I haven’t touched it since and have only persuaded OH to buy it now. I was being blindsided by the instruction book on how to change a blade not how to release the blade on each new hole.
    Problem solved

Glad that's worked out Caroline. Perhaps I'll get myself some new knobs and have another go with mine, as it seems a shame to waste it.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Glad that's worked out Caroline. Perhaps I'll get myself some new knobs and have another go with mine, as it seems a shame to waste it.
    They are a bit like marmite and then it suddenly clicks. It is much lighter to use than the eclipse which is important to me too

I love my KCs although I do use my older frames for certain jobs. One benefit of the quick release lever shows up when you have multiple holes to pierce, as releasing the tension of the blade then inserting it into the next hole before re tensioning the blade with the lever makes my work easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21b Copper pattern for lamp shade piercing.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	12561

James