Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: November Theme Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkie View Post
    I did loose a setting down the plug hole today! Rushing to get pieces finished for a show on Friday. (Art Bazaar in South Molton should anyone be interested ;-) )
    That sounds familiar, I'm always ready with the plug hole guard, but I've never found one that won't move a bit when I least expect it. Dennis.

My favourite technique is a combination for me, the hydraulic press and drilling. It's the bases for most of the jewellery I have made. This collection of rings were inspired by a beach near my relatives house and it is covered in a big belt of pebbles, everytime I go there the clouds just seem to clear and the sun splits the rocks, feels kinda magical to me. ANYWAY, getting off course here.. The rings are made with pressed silver, oxidised to blacken the inside of the forms, makes the light shining through the drilled holes a bit more sparkley. I love the effect that can be achieved through two relatively simple techniques, which is why it's my favourite

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	113_20517105096_9540_n.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	4040

(hope the image uploads for me now, first time trying.)
    Last edited by Caseyla; 14-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyla View Post
    My favourite technique is a combination for me, the hydraulic press and drilling. It's the bases for most of the jewellery I have made. This collection of rings were inspired by a beach near my relatives house and it is covered in a big belt of pebbles, everytime I go there the clouds just seem to clear and the sun splits the rocks, feels kinda magical to me. ANYWAY, getting off course here.. The rings are made with pressed silver, oxidised to blacken the inside of the forms, makes the light shining through the drilled holes a bit more sparkley. I love the effect that can be achieved through two relatively simple techniques, which is why it's my favourite

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	113_20517105096_9540_n.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	4040

(hope the image uploads for me now, first time trying.)
    Simple and very effective, love it!!
    Poor old Les

Cool ring! Really like the photograph too

Yes that's fun. Dennis.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I know I said it earlier in the thread, but these are awesome!

here is my favourite technique - setting stones - I love setting with tubes and flush. (and like most I have another, soldering! - This was quite a challenge - 12 seperate soldering points) and on this occasion, I have not gone for a full-on shine; but utilised the whiteness from the frosting wheel. Both the ring and the orbiting cluster are textured. The stones are (on the shank) 1mm clear diamonds and (in the cluster) 1.5mm mix of coloured diamonds including treated stones to give red, blue, green and purple in the mix.

Attachment 4065Attachment 4064Attachment 4066 ps, added it sitting on the hand as it may not be obvious from the photo.
    Last edited by Wallace; 18-11-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling, it is always the spelling! :P

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Some lovely textures too Wallace. Are they hammered?