Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

I think this is maybe getting a bit carried away on my behalf with the best of intentions. My total order was nearly £90 which is probably about the least I've ever spent & I won't have paid for the undelivered part
    I do believe Cooksons customer service is very lax in not keeping you updated and I do believe a donation of extra goods to the Garvald would be a nice touch. As I've said already this part of the order wasn't for me and I had asked the workshop what they specifically needed rather than donate unwanted stuff from my workshop. Getting goodwill seems to be quite difficult these days though.
    I could probably find one on fleabay
    Last edited by CJ57; 04-11-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

good grief isn't this getting a little out of hand, a supplier takes your order, and cannot deliver it in full because of supplier problems. They're not too quick off the mark to keep you informed of progress but do not take any payment. There is no breach of contract and you are quite free to buy the undelivered goods elsewhere - to suggest that you consult a lawyer is simply ridiculous.
    Not the best customer service admittedly but that is all it is, a failing of customer service, not a contractual issue.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Quote Originally Posted by BarryM View Post
    good grief isn't this getting a little out of hand, a supplier takes your order, and cannot deliver it in full because of supplier problems. They're not too quick off the mark to keep you informed of progress but do not take any payment. There is no breach of contract and you are quite free to buy the undelivered goods elsewhere - to suggest that you consult a lawyer is simply ridiculous.
    Not the best customer service admittedly but that is all it is, a failing of customer service, not a contractual issue.
    Quite! My best action is to take my business elsewhere if possible, I have no idea why this got so out of hand but I hope you are aware Barry that I have no idea what the hell is going on here:/

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I suggest you consult a lawyer. I've given you a free hint. My time after that costs £200 an hour for legal matters
    Well, it would probably take about a minute to reply so couldn't you just waive the three quid so we can all find out what all the fuss is about

£20 - billing is done in 6 minute chunks as it makes the maths simple

My own experience of Cooksons is that they always contact me if something is out of stock. In fact last week there were two items on my order, i.e. sheet silver and gold that were out of stock so they phoned me to let me know and I changed my order to thicker and smaller. They then gave me freepost. In the past if there have ever been problems, they've sent me bottles of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    My own experience of Cooksons is that they always contact me if something is out of stock. In fact last week there were two items on my order, i.e. sheet silver and gold that were out of stock so they phoned me to let me know and I changed my order to thicker and smaller. They then gave me freepost. In the past if there have ever been problems, they've sent me bottles of wine.
    Well any of that would be acceptable Carole if it had been offered! Unfortunately none of the above happened

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    Well, it would probably take about a minute to reply so couldn't you just waive the three quid so we can all find out what all the fuss is about
    Well Rob did reply to tell me it will be the end of Nov now, so a 3 and a bit month wait. I suppose I just have to accept that as nothing else is on offer!

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Default Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Well Rob did reply to tell me it will be the end of Nov now, so a 3 and a bit month wait. I suppose I just have to accept that as nothing else is on offer!
    Well as they have kept you informed of the delay I do not see what the problem is, it may be good customer service to offer you some sort of "freebie" but they are under no obligation to do so. SO far I have always found Cooksons very helpful and they have kept me informed of any issues, but this based on ledss than 1 year's trading. I certainly wouldn't move my custom because of 1 slip up over several years, perfection is an unachievable target.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Quote Originally Posted by BarryM View Post
    Well as they have kept you informed of the delay I do not see what the problem is, it may be good customer service to offer you some sort of "freebie" but they are under no obligation to do so. SO far I have always found Cooksons very helpful and they have kept me informed of any issues, but this based on ledss than 1 year's trading. I certainly wouldn't move my custom because of 1 slip up over several years, perfection is an unachievable target.
    Just to clarify, Rob informed me of this onlyyesterday on this post which I thank him for as he isn't the person who has been dealing with or not dealing with this. I'm not sure why I have suddenly become the one being unreasonable when I didn't suggest the rather extreme suggestions that came up in the post and I'm trying to diffuse the situation.
    I also didn't say this is the first slip up in 11 years but see no reason to either :/