Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate to say this...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Tools for me too G,

I don't have any tattoos, in my neck of the woods they are referred to as "tramp stamps" which isn't very pleasant terminology I know but I do quite like them.

All of them? Or just ones in certain places?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Gotta say it....

tools vs tattoo?

Tools would win hands down for me every day

Who says I can't have both?

I just cashed a bit of scrap gold (57% - around 14ct) in today in the jewellery quarter and got £11.65/gm
    Last edited by geti-titanium; 11-11-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Hm, a new tattoo for me - since work just gave me a bonus it was very tempting - instead I bought the course with Nic - does this mean the making jewellery addiction is starting to out way the tattoo addiction
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Ha tattoo fund now has quite a dent in it thanks to the stone supplier visiting yesterday

lmao oopsie, now all ya gotta do is show em to us
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

There was a feature on You and Yours (Radio 4) in the last couple of days on the hugely varying prices for gold given by these gold buyers who have popped up on tv and just about everywhere else. It confirmed that the prices paid go from scandalously low to fairly reasonable.

I've been warming my customers to take care - there are scams out there - inevitable in times of rapidly rising gold prices and money being tight for many, but not pretty.

I hate to say this but I lost a gold crown (tooth) and was looking forward to recycling it, personal use only. But was let down by the dentist, she cleaned it up and put it back. %-)

Quote Originally Posted by Somersetmaker View Post
    There was a feature on You and Yours (Radio 4) in the last couple of days on the hugely varying prices for gold given by these gold buyers who have popped up on tv and just about everywhere else. It confirmed that the prices paid go from scandalously low to fairly reasonable.

I've been warming my customers to take care - there are scams out there - inevitable in times of rapidly rising gold prices and money being tight for many, but not pretty.

I don't see the problem - don't part with your sentimentally priceless stuff unless you really really really have to and maybe not even then. But if you need a quick cash injection go for it. Just don't pin all your hopes on getting rich quick from it

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    I have had friends offered between £2 and £3 a gram for 9ct gold at jewellers, that is the last place to go, some of those cash for gold people actually give standard scrap value (same as cooksons), some actually give a few pence more and some are as scandalous as local jewellers.
    someone the wife works with got more from one of "thoses" cash for gold things.then the local jewellers by about £150.
    makes me think the jeweller was on the swindle.
    keep getting thier leaflet through the door too.
    i keep all my bits of gold in case i find a use for them no matter how small.

stug