Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today was supposed to be a day off grrrr

Ok this is a little strange.

My OH has been trying to set up a network all day so we can put a laptop in the living room for him to use but it's tempramental at best. I've had a really crap day at work, all the customers seem to argumentative today and I've had to smooth over a lot of problems. On top of that I don't have my usual amounts of energy.

I do lean towards the scientific a lot of the time but there is a big part of me that beleives that some things just can't be explained (not yet anyway) and are just 'fate'.

It's nice to know that 'fate' is not too selective and has a go at someone other than me. lol
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Jules do you mind if i have a moan on your thread, after trying to deal with a particularly disgusting chicken yesterday (she forgot to wipe her bum urggh), my son who is 11 today woke us up at 3.00 this morning to excited and wanted his prezzies wouldent go back to sleep aaarghh we couldent let him have them till his brother and sister where awake so there we where sipping cups of tea in the early hours until at 6.00 we finally let him wake the other two, all well and off they went to school.

Went shopping for two hours in the Big T in the dark cos all the lights had gone off, came home only to find a starling had found his way into the house and was throwing himself at the window trying to get out, luckily found a very nice man down the road cutting lawns to come and remove him even luckier he hadent pooped everwhere, thats the starling not the very nice man!!!

Diii when is this moon going to shift ? xx

Hi Jo,
    Of course I don't mind - we all have to have a moan, don't we!

Was that chicken alive or dead? I had to laugh when you mentionoed the starling pooping all over the place, rather than the man!

I must admit I'm a dab hand at catching frightened birds and mice from contained spaces like living rooms or kitchens, as our (sadly now dead) 1st cat was very skilled at bringing things in the cat flap and then letting go of them! I don't mind catching birds (there's a knack) when they are trying to get away, but with mice, I used to use the 2 pint mug method with a mug in each persons hand and you slowly drive the mouse into the other mug! works a treat, I promise! The only time the cat ever bought a rat ... yes a HUGE rat into the house was, gladly a dead one! We are not sure whether it was dead when it came in or died after arrival, but were very glad that it was dead when we found it on the bathroom floor in the morning - ugh!

We were very pleased when cat no 2 came along and didn't want to kill anything... bliss and he was a real lap cat and used to pop onto the bed in the morning and give you a tap on the chin, when it was feeding time. He's no longer with us tho...

Our current 3 (inherited) cats are all ferral ... 1 is very un-ferral and is very friendly and even sits on our sofa some evenings, the others are slowly getting more friendly as the months go by !

oh dear - I have gone off topic completely. Smack smack

better stop now.
    Jules x

Default Completely Off Topic

WEdnesday things should start to get better, gradually improving as the week progresses.

The moon is now waxing, this is a good time for beginning new projects and planting seeds. As the moon waxes, i.e. grows bigger, so your project/seeds grow bigger too.

The waxing moon lasts for the two weeks between the new moon and the full moon. The next full moon is on October 4th and is known as the blood moon. The full moon is the time for making plans for new projects or dedicating yourself to specific courses of action. Traditionally it is a time of fertility.

It was an accepted fact when I was working that on the nights surrounding the full moon - and the full moon night itself - labour ward would be positively heaving with far more women going into labour than at other times of the month. Lots of waters breaking as well. Research was undertaken to prove/disprove this anecdotal evidence. It supported what midwives knew to be true - if possible, have your days off around the time of the full moon!

AFter the full moon comes the waning moon - the moon appears to diminish in size again until, two weeks later it reaches the new moon stage. For three nights the moon is not visible - a time known as the dark moon. This is a time for thinking about things you want to banish from your life.

And, just for interest, a blue moon occurs when there are two full moons in a month. The blue moon is the second full moon and is where the phrase once in a blue moon comes from. The next blue moon is on December 31st this year.

On average, there will be 41 months that have two Full Moons in every century, so once in a Blue Moon actually means once every two-and-a-half years.

ry two-and-a-half years.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Hi Jo,
    Was that chicken alive or dead? I had to laugh when you mentionoed the starling pooping all over the place, rather than the man!

Jules x

no it was deffinatley dead but when i went to wash it the backend was full of .........well you dont really want to know

I was a bit confused about the chicken scenario (I actually thought you were referring to a youngster) - but the only one I hadn't contemplated was that it was Sunday lunch!!! Silly Boo.

Oh wow thanks for that Di i will look forward to wednesday then, perhaps i just need to sit down with a nice mug of tea and perhaps have a nibble at the chocolate chocolate chocolate cake i made for my son until then lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1597.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I was a bit confused about the chicken scenario (I actually thought you were referring to a youngster) - but the only one I hadn't contemplated was that it was Sunday lunch!!! Silly Boo.
    yes well the yougsters somtimes have that problem too but i dont eat them lol

oooh, now THAT looks really tasty! might just have a cup of tea and a small piece of chocolate!

Jx

Default Those gremlins are at it again!

Wow this moon thing is causing havoc.... went into mum-in-law's room, pulled the curtains and the curtain rail fell down!!!!

Then, after recovering with a cup of tea I'm doing an online order with 15 items in my basket and the bloody order disappears!

Now that's a pretty powerful gremlin!!!

How's your day today Di???

Jx