Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy!

Not sure of the benefits of the double barrel unless your name is Elizabeth Duke, one is fine. As for the Dremel flex shaft it too is absolutely fine till you realise sometimes you really need slow speed.

I agree with Kwant, you'll never need 2 barrels. I've got a flex shaft for my Dremel but I've never been able to get it to work. I'd say if you're going to get a pendant drill, get the very best you can afford as you may regret going for a cheaper one.

Howdy Spring, and while you're at it don't be afraid to get your new workbench a mite mussed up. Dennis.,

mussed up ?????? What do you mean Dennis???? I hope you are not saying that it is ok to spill things on the French Polish????

as you can see I am unused to the smiley things and I seem to have added a vomiting robin
    Last edited by Kwant; 30-05-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: edited to add the smiley thing lest folk think I actually do my work on the Louisquinze

now this chap/chappess is to be admired if he/she can really work (note the bench peg attached to windowsillworkplace) in this space lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

That is one pristine workspace. Unfortunately his workpiece got dropped into the fins of the radiator, so he has gone off for a drink. I believe soaking the radiator in safety pickle will get it out. Dennis.

Wow, all those windowsills in my house that I could put to good use, whilst waiting to buy a suitable table / bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I believe soaking the radiator in safety pickle will get it out.
    Tsk, Dennis - you know better than that. A *steel* radiator radiator in safety pickle?

Oh dear Peter, you've turned my face pink. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    Not sure of the benefits of the double barrel unless your name is Elizabeth Duke, one is fine.
    Lol - sorry, should've clarified. I went for the double barrel as it was only about £8 more than the single barrel (cheaper than buying a replacement barrel in case I ever need one); So far I've only ever needed the one barrel