Thread: GRS Benchmate 'setters package'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GRS Benchmate 'setters package'

A family member is kindly buying me a GRS Benchmate system for Christmas this year ( setters package ) and I can't wait to use it!

I'm primarily going to use it for setting stones in rings, texturing them, etc. are there any other obvious uses that you folks use this system for other than manipulating rings?

Cheers,

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha, will do! Lots of YouTube videos on it, mainly ring setting ones.

Primarily used for stone setting and working on rings as allows more control and hands free operation.

Nick

The Benchmate system is very versatile and invaluable for setting of all kinds, not just rings. It can of course be used for many other jewelry tasks as well, since what it is essentially is a glorified swivel vice and a whole range of accessories is available for exploiting its potential.
    When you move on to a microscope to do all your pavé work on platinum etc. there's a different GRS holding system (the positioning vice) that will help you to keep your work centred at high magnifications.
    Mark.

I'm not sure if this is included in the setters package since I bought mine used and it was with the bundle, but I use this for setting flat objects. Its covered in InstaMorph right now, but it looks like a "T". The picture is the back of it (the part that gets put into the benchmate's jaws).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	6994
    - Emily

Thats included in the setters package emily, thanks.

I now realise what its used for, bit like the thermoloc material isnt it?

Nick

Benchmate is a great system. I'd still use it if it wasn't for the microscope issue.
    You can search out all the available attatchments available that you might want.
    As for the hand rest..never used mine.

Thanks for all that info folks, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one even more now, and cheers for the tip about Walsh's doing a great deal!

Hans.. You may have struck lucky, and your other half may be viewing this topic. Failing that, find a large screen monitor and leave your post on view as the screensaver!

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk