Thread: Balancing jewellery with full-time work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Having also just given up full time work, I can say that I probably got a bit more done when I was working than I do now . But I think that was because I was more focussed when I was working, because I knew I only had 2 hours in the evening to 'do my stuff' before doing tea and OH coming home. Nowadays I am totally out of any routine and spending too much time on the PC

Lol yes i spend too much time on here too. I was a stay at home mum for over 13 years, as our eldest son, Rikki, was severely mentally and physically handicapped and i spent many a week in hospital with him and doted on him when we were at home. That worked good for the younger two boys too, and i had a nurse that came in twice a day to allow me to take the other boys to school like normal mummies - Rikki had a condition called Trisomy 18 or its common name is Edwards Syndrome for those in the know, and was oxygen dependent and i wont go into all the probs, but i could only be relieved by a nurse.

Sadly we lost our beloved tiny 13 year old (he only weighed 20lbs and was the size of a six month old child) in February 2000, and i was thrown into a totally alien world to me. I had a "valid" reason to be at home in those days so it was never an issue with hubby, but since we have had the garage he has changed and as i said earlier, i need to prove that i can earn from this hobby of mine.

My other boys are now coming up 18 and 15 at the end of this year and dont quite need mum any more apart from a taxi service, so maybe the crafting fills a void for me i dont know, but i would love to be here all the time doing it, instead of in an ofice on my own. I too never get to speak to anyone either at work or home. Sometimes thats nice, but it would be nice to be able to share ideas and stuff with the family sometimes lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away