Thread: Dremel

Default Dremel

Good evening all!

I have a dremel Hobby Drill 300 - 30 is this adequate? I do not want to buy another.

I want to know if I can file with it? Also polish with it, as an alternative to emery paper? Also what attatchments would be best and for what?

Thank you xxxxxx

There are lots of threads about polishing if you have a look round the forum, and your dremel can handle most of the recommended media. Dennis also posted a link in the last couple of days to a good video about just this subject - http://www.beaducation.com/vids/detail/159

You will almost certainly want to add a flexshaft - holding a full size dremel as a hand tool is very hard work after even a couple of minutes. I don't know whether you can add a foot pedal - but variable speed is also a very nice thing to have if you can.

Thank You Mizgeorge!
    That is an awesome video and a very useful website.

I agree I will need a flex shaft. I will invest in the attatchment.I would prefer to buy a pendant drill. We use pendant drills at college but I can't really afford one right now . I have no clue where to find a cheap one or even know if a cheap one would be a good investment.

My dremel has variable speeds on it but most probably a lot less power than the pendant. Oh well I am going to make do for a while

Thanks again

Katrina

Katrina, I have this pendant drill: http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...nit-prod20091/. It's been going for a couple of years now and suits me just fine, as I couldn't afford a proper jewellery one. I used to use a Dremel with a flexshaft and this is a million times better!

Thank you Lauren!

I think I am going to definitely keep this one in mind for when I get my pendant. How do you like using it? Have you used any other brands of pendant drills how do they compare?

Sorry to pick your brain. And also thank you x