Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Washers and Replacement Disc Cutter Punches

Delrin is pretty easy to work - turns well on a lathe; in general it works as readily as a hardwood. I did think after saying I probably have some suitable steel that while what I've got is to known tolerances, I don't know what tolerances your punch is! Pepe would probably be the sensible point to start from.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Delrin is pretty easy to work - turns well on a lathe; in general it works as readily as a hardwood. I did think after saying I probably have some suitable steel that while what I've got is to known tolerances, I don't know what tolerances your punch is! Pepe would probably be the sensible point to start from.
    I think the punch had a low tolerance given I'm only little, gave it a sideways bash and it broke. My tolerence has reduced since said incident.... but bet you meant something far more technical than that! I'm thinking that as I'm looking for a replacement I may be better just to manage with what I have till I can afford the better model but now I know they are breakable I will be more careful!
    Thank you for your help