Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stand displays

For display height, I got some shelves from Ikea - they're intended to be internal shelves for cupboards - they can be taken apart to store flat and come in 2 sizes - so if you stack the smaller one on top of the larger one, you get a two tier step. They're only about two or three pounds each. I have 3 sets now.

You could drape fabric over them, or as they're cream, I just leave them open as I can blutak displays to them - I use the space under them from behind to store tools and wrapping materials etc.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    2 metre tall wooden triangles that slot together at right angles with circular shelves that fit down over them with lights at the top. For Christmas I plan to put large stars on the top to look like Christmas trees, with wrapped parcels underneath.
    ooh these sound like they will be interesting, eye-catching and very festive I can't quite picture how these will slot together though - have you got a pic?
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Ooooh, that's a good idea Boo , I really like tiered display stands, but they are soo expensive on the display websites for a decent sized one.

Just need to stop procrastinating and decide on accent colour now !!

Carole, I had a look at your stand display on another thread , which I thought was pretty spectacular, so am looking forward to seeing your new display when it's finished.

I can PM you a photo if you're okay with me doing that. I don't feel I want to post it publicly today.

I suspect I have the same shelves from Ikea as you Boo!

For adding colour, I have a number of lengths of sari silk (incredibly cheap from an Asian fabric store or ebay), which I drape at a diagonal across the entire table - it just adds enough colour to be interesting, without overwhelming everything else.

I've just abandoned all my black and white display stuff and gone back to frosted perspex as I was finding that at a distance, the busts and things were taking over, which looked awful.

I'd love some more big chunky acrylic blocks, but they are just tooooo expensive.

We're going to be doing a fair bit of experimenting this weekend, and have a bit of a display expert with us, so I'll let you know how it goes!

The wood for the new display is being cut out this week and next week the perspex will be done. Once it's all finished, I'll show it to you. I need something spectacular for Country Living in November.

Carole your new display sounds great, I hope you will show us a picture when it's done.

I also prefer straight tables as opposed to walk in stands, I think I feel more comfortable browsing like this.

My last stand, was over 2 years ago now! I had a fitted cream table cloth/cover made, and made some steps from some old mdf offcuts which I covered with fabric. The fabric I used was quite frivoulous in that it was hand woven silk from Thailand, absolutely lovely, but the only reason I had it was because I got it dirt cheap in Malaysia on my honeymoon. I have run out now and can see a million things I want to change! Also it's not really the right colour for the branding I am planning on using when I relaunch my website, so I am trying to be creative around that.

I use all white props, ramps and busts in white, along with various frosted acrylic pieces. I may borrow the Ikea shelf idea if that's Ok as I was trying to think of something like that and failing! I also have two stepped displays so I can add height to my stand, and I covered the shelves on these with the silk.
    Lucinda

For my displays I use hessian and sheepskins on a L-shaped table. The sheepskins are really useful for 'standing up' the jewellery such as bangles.
    Admittedly I use my wife for setting up and displaying the pieces as she does professional dispalys for shops, I married her so may as well make use of her (only joking dear - honest)

I too also make and adjust pieces whilst people wait. Gains much more in the way of sales as people like to give a story about their jewellery. I also attend some archeology sites that I supply and give demonstrations. This also boosts their sales and in turn mine by repeat orders (the bonus is they pay me to demonstrate = easy money)

I must admit that I prefer a straight stand rather than a walk in one for the browsing space, as others have said.

There was a stand I saw at a craft fair years ago that was like a "point" where there were two straights tables set at an angle to each other so they reached a point that projected slightly into the walkway. It only stuck out a few inches but it being there caught attention - not all of it good I must admit, but it gave a bit more space for a display area without being a walk in.

At the time it looked good as I was a customer and it gave plenty of browsing space - but I'm not sure how good it would be for the seller if they are on there own, it might be too big. The show I saw it at there were 2 people working it.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

The most important aspect of exhibiting is keeping it plain and simple so the jewellery stands out above everything else. You want people to come into your stand so you have a chance to talk to them, so one or two prominent display plinths at the front to either or both sides with your best pieces of work on it should work really well. Attract their attention and then invite them in to see more.
    Use the walls for display cabinets, either free standing or hung on the walls.