Thread: Just got my first hallmark packet back and 3 bracelets missing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by stuffas88@gmail.com View Post
    The situation is being investigated by Adam Phillips customer service manager. I have photos and have sent them to him. I didn't know about sending to ACG but that does seem a good idea. My partner warned me about sending valuables in the post but I thought he was being over cautious. But he was right as usual. The whole thing is a mystery. A discrepancy note was sent with my jewellery but no one phoned me about it. Which, on reflection, is probably a good thing. Nothing could be done at that point and I would have worried over what items were missing. As it was I was lucky and they were my least favourite items. I registered with London as I thought the London hallmark was best. I think I will register with Birmingham, which is nearer, and hand deliver in future.
    When I first read your post I thought you meant they have arrived at the Assay Office, with 3 bracelets missing.

It looks like they hallmarked them and you were charged for that, but they have been returned to you with bracelets missing - am I correct?

They wouldn't charge you for hallmarking items if they didn't receive them, so I'm struggling to understand what is going on here. Anyone else?
    Last edited by Petal; 15-09-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    Jules