Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Find This Ring Anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    It won’t be as cheap as a ring bought in Greece so the price will be worth considering
    What would the price be roughly?

I don’t make rings so it will depend on whether it’s silver or gold and the other work involved in the design and manufacture

I don't know much about the materials. Probably cheap silver and any stone that has the same colour as the ones I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I don't know much about the materials. Probably cheap silver and any stone that has the same colour as the ones I posted.
    Silver isn’t even that cheap anymore. Do you have a budget and how much would you be willing to spend on this?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Silver isn’t even that cheap anymore. Do you have a budget and how much would you be willing to spend on this?
    I don't know what would be considered cheap for a custome ring though haha. The original ring was under £10 I believe, but that's what you would expect for cheap market jewellery. I'd say anywhere between £20 - £50. Ideally under £50.

I don't know what would be considered cheap for a custome ring though haha. The original ring was under £10 I believe, but that's what you would expect for cheap market jewellery. I'd say anywhere between £20 - £50. Ideally under £50.
    That would barely cover the time, let alone materials. Good luck with your search

Right. So you want someone to buy the materials, spend time on crafting a custom ring and you don't even want to spend £50? Do you actually think that's reasonable - and if so, why?

You know this is a skilled trade with precious metals and stones, don't you? You'd pay more to have a plumber come out to replace a tap washer.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Right. So you want someone to buy the materials, spend time on crafting a custom ring and you don't even want to spend £50? Do you actually think that's reasonable - and if so, why?

You know this is a skilled trade with precious metals and stones, don't you? You'd pay more to have a plumber come out to replace a tap washer.
    That’s what I wanted to say as the days went on which brought me to my last question!

I think the problem here is that there is a massive difference between a mass produced item and one that is a one off bespoke, hand crafted article. If hundreds were being made then you would find that the prices and quality would be less.

I did start to have a rant bordering on politics but I've deleted that bit

Quote Originally Posted by alastairduncan View Post
    I think the problem here is that there is a massive difference between a mass produced item and one that is a one off bespoke, hand crafted article. If hundreds were being made then you would find that the prices and quality would be less.

I did start to have a rant bordering on politics but I've deleted that bit
    If it was bought in a market in Greece many years ago, it may well have been artisan rather than mass produces but who knows the quality of the metal or the stone. White metal, synthetic stone. Haven’t much else to say, the sun is shining here today