Thread: Stress over Custom Piece - Any help please??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stress over Custom Piece - Any help please??

I was commissioned by my uncle to make a custom "birds nest" bangle cuff (attached)for my aunt's Christmas and then he asked soon after to make a matching necklace for her birthday in June.

Sadly a week later we were told my mum was terminal. I shut my store to focus on her but now he's chasing up on my progress since it's only a month away.
    I am still learning techniques but often I have a lot of time to practice but I'm spending so much time looking after my mum that I've fallen behind.

The issue is, my head is like fluff, I have gone through so much copper trying to come up with ideas but so far nothing i would be happy to show him before making it in silver.

Could anyone give me any guidance on anything I can look towards for ideas or inspiration - I've tried to make a collarette but I don't feel I am making it sit correctly and my aunt is big on large silver statement necklaces so feeling chockers and collars are a bit tame for her.

I'd hate to tell him I can't do it , he's given me loads of time but sadly I've misjudged time.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_IMG_1494356268886.jpg