Thread: Golden Eye.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Golden Eye.

My first fish brooch made years ago, when I was just starting out, was flat and rather boring, though I liked it at the time. Sadly it was lost during a house move, so someone out there might still be wearing it or more likely, it fell through a space in the floor boards and has been gathering dust ever since.

The replacement I made some time later, was more rounded and jolly and had a funky eye like a clown.

The third, just completed, uses some of the stock from my pangolin experiments, gently formed in a hydraulic press. The lips, gill cover and pectoral fin were then added and to finish it off I have given it a golden eye, made from a small disk of 18ct veneer on silver. It was domed and then perforated for the pupil.

The back plate which carries the remaining fins, textured with a scorper, has been cut away in the centre to reduce its weight.

There is a stout stainless steel pin, as double pins are difficult to use for some.
    I think I prefer the funky one still.

Sheet used: 0.7mm. Pin 1.0mm wire.
    Approx. dimensions: 65 x 25 mm. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fish Brooch 1.jpg   Fish Brooch 2.jpg   Fish Brooch 3.jpg   Fish Brooch 3 Reverse.jpg