Hello there,

So I'm repeating a number of projects to build experience, and currently am back in the soldering bezel wire phase of bezel making. In my previous first attempts I was rather happy if the bezel wire soldered at all and didn't melt, but now I'm shooting for better.

I've been trying to get my ends as straight and flush as possible and *thought* they were, but a couple of my bezel wires have tiny gaps appeared at the top and bottom of the solder seam. I'm wondering if its the same thing as with rings - the metal is springing apart slightly and I need to anneal them first, but they do seem strong - I have successfully rounded on the bezel mandrel and pushed in tight fitting stones and the seams seem solid apart from the tiny notchy gaps.

The bezel walls are also made a bit high and I'm planning to file/emery them top and bottom to the exact right height so the little notchy bits will file out.

So I'm wondering - are there any tips to avoid said notchy bits, but also how much do I need to worry about them, are they a sign that the whole join isn't great or should they be okay after filing?

Many thanks,

Faith