I know there has been loads and loads about which torches, and I know that it keeps coming up over and over again....... but -
Here's the thing, I have a proxxon micro flame hand torch which I really love and couldn't recommend more, but for some things it just isn't beefy enough - so I got a max flame, which I hate with a vengeance - no sooner does it come on with a good flame, than that flame becomes really pathetic, as if the gas was running out, but its not. Anyway, I got sick of this and have just got a gosystem torch - but its so cumbersome. But, here's the thing, its fear that has stopped me from getting a 'proper' torch as I'm really scared of using/keeping the big gas tanks in the house (my jewellery making room is a spare bedroom, with a window that is over a single storey extension - so I cant just chuck offending item out of the window into the garden if things go pear shaped (told you I have a fear issue). Anyway, the Sievert looks like it has quite a chunky handle, and I cant justify the expense of an oxycon, but the orca/EZ torch looks to be lightweight and not cumbersome at all, and if I use it with a small canister I thought it may be a possibility, but I'd like to know what anyone else thinks, bearing in mind that I'm a huge scaredy cat and cant get an oxycon. also, do I need to buy a regulator valve for an orca/EZ torch (i'm struggling to understand set up proceedures for any of the torches) also, I'm thinking just a butane/propane/mix of the two would be my safest option?. And, I know this is really basic but - when using soapy water to check for leaks, does it matter whether that is a washing up liquid solution or soapiness from a regular bar of soap or soap like lux flakes or something like that - I don't know anything about this, I'm panic stricken and I'm really scared of inadvertent ignition of my house/myself! p.s. - I know I'm a fool, but please help (I will give myself a stiff talking to in order to pull myself together - but I might not be the only person who feels like this, so worth posting.....maybe).